#250: Tron Legacy

Going to have to come back to this Podcast after I watch it (prob in the New year) - Listened to the Intro and News though :)…

Shooter Jr and I just watched the Rocky movies about a month ago when they were on AMC or something all week long. It was awesome.

And for the record, “Eye of the Tiger” is on my iPod fast workout playlist. I love it when it comes on. Frak the musak version.

~Shooter Out

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rene Russo was always the one woman I told Ex-MrsShooter I would leave her for. Obviously that never happened. However one movie that I didn’t fall all over her was Tin Cup. No idea why really.

Also, Sean, perhaps one reason Daniel Craig doesn’t quite turn your XBox controller on was perhaps his role in Tomb Raider?

~Shooter Out

It really stood out like 2 minutes from the end of the flick LOL

Audra, I didn’t remember seeing Rene Russo in the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 trailer or any of the previous Pirates of the Caribbean movies so I looked her Filmography up. Were you referring to seeing her in the Thor trailer instead of the Pirates trailer?

~Shooter Out

Considering the appearance of Dillinger Jr, the ambiguous fate of Tron, and the upcoming fight for Encom, is anybody thinking, “SEQUEL!”?

FYI Sean - I’ll bet that Trnsformers is where he originally got the song, but I think Walberg was making a Boogie Nights reference.

I dunno if it’s a fight, Sam seemed pretty secure in his ability to run crap

Agreed–but Dillinger will be quite the d-bag…so it won’t be pretty

“Yo I’m the majority stock holder”
“Yeah well I programmed this”
“Bitch I got a computer program for a girlfriend”
“Huh. Welp”

aaaaaaaaaiiirrrggh. The last remaining good sci-fi show is killed? why the hell did they move it to a friggin tuesday anyway?

fine. whatever.

Re: Colors of the programs

In the disc battle scene if you looked closely there was tons of different color pipping for the different combatants

I’m figuring on a Stark vs Staine sort of thing that takes place inside the Encom system. Add in the “Take Over the World” possibilities of the internet (every system they’ve gone into has been designed in the 80s, ie pre-net) and you have the makings of a pretty cool follow up.

Yup. In the theater, when he was walking with his hood up I was thinking…Anakin? When did you get into this movie?

Also, Jedi Robes don’t light up all awesome-like

Seriously Awesome.

I hope they start designing hooded sweatshirts with the light like that. If they are already out, let me know. I want one.

Disney is going to release an animated series in 2012 that will follow the events of the movie. Or so is the plan so far.

I second that.

On a off topic note, just finished shooting the lunar eclipse. I’ll post a composite shot in a little bit, my hands are still defrosting.

In the early fall of 2010 (just a few months ago), Shooter Jr wanted to check out a laptop store. It turns out they were at the end of a going-out-of-business auction when we drove up. I actually wanted to buy this, but the reserve was something like $1,500 and that’s just too rich for my wallet right now. But for those of you that have never seen one, here’s Shooter Jr with a Tron Arcade game.

Talk about missed opportunities…

~Shooter Out

This was so great I even posted it on my facebook page so my non-geek acquaintances and family could see it. Well done, sir. Well done.

~Shooter Out

Audra, not to jump on the “Old” bandwagon too hard, but Little Shootette was in fact in Kindergarten when you guys started podcasting. =)

And yes, she was watching Tron with us this morning before going out sledding.

~Shooter Out