2012 Int'l Meetup: March 16-18, 2012

I’m planning on attending this year! Missed it last year, but I had a great time at the snowpocalypse edition in 2010.

I’m planning on it. It’s only a 4hr drive, so it’d be a shame not to.

I’m super excited, free hugs for everybody!

Jimeni and I should be able to come too, whoopee!!! It will so cool to get to meet you all there (even if I do have to go through that hateful airport. it will be worth it). :wink:

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I’ll be there (spouse is reluctant, though… maybe ze will come next year). If anyone’s looking for a nice, quiet female roommate, PM me. I can give GWCer references if need be :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there any info on rates at said hotel yet?

Casilda!!! Really?!? Awesomesauce !!!

And yes, Casilda, whom I have met, in person, is very, very cool. :smiley:

Nike has great hugs available. Do not miss them!

It’ll be great to see you there again Reg! You were missed.

So excited about this. To anyone that is hesitating on going, I highly recommend it. I was a newbie last year and you can see I don’t post that much, and I didn’t know anyone. I was going to be in Texas for a work conference, so with free airfare, I decided to take the risk. It was so much fun, and everyone was so nice. I felt welcomed immediately, and loved being in the live podcast. It was great to meet Chuck, Sean and Audra in person, and so many others in the community. The Aloft hotel is an awesome place, and the bar has great drinks! Thanks Sean for getting such a great rate again, and to all the people who help organize it. Need to start making my plans so I will be at the 4th one!

MY TICKETS ARE BOOKED!!! Can’t wait to see everyone!

Can’t wait. Really excited and looking forward.

I was really inspired by all the awesome costumes I saw at Dragon*Con this year, and have some cool ideas for a Friday night live podcast costume. Anyone else in?

Bunch of people usually dress up. If it wasn’t a total hassle I’d consider putting together an SGU costume to just mess with Juan’s McKay

I’m strongly considering going, and if I do, I have my Eli costume (which only cost about $30 :wink: )

Sadly I’m not going to be able to build up enough vacation time to do both the GWC meetup and SDCC. :frowning: I already have a 4 day pass purchased for SDCC. Hate to break the chain of years going but can’t be helped.

To anyone sitting on the fence about going: JUST GO! You’ll have a great time with some of the best people you’ve ever met!

Oh no! Sorry you won’t be there…

Not going to be the same without you, Gryper. I selfishly console myself by looking forward to hanging with you at Comicon

Me too…I’m gonna miss seeing you again.

I’m consoling myself that I’m going to finally get to SDCC AND get to hang out with GWCers. But I’m sure going to miss seeing everyone in March.

I was hoping to get to SDCC this year, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. Maybe some day!