Xbox game suggestions

Okay i need some help for the Gaming Hive mind. My birthday is coming up and I will most likely get a xbox 360. I need some suggestions on what games I should start out with first. I will only be able to get one or two in the beginning so they need to be good.

A little information might help you decide. I am a long time PC gamer and have just recently gotten into console games, Wii, if you want to call that a console. I like FPS and RPG’s network play ie. Xbox Live is a must

The games that I have experience with are Call of Duty Modern Warfare and World at War, Far Cry, Halo. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated

You need to ask?

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2…done and done!

The best two games on Xbox IMO.

FPS and RPG mixed with a first class story and character customization will give you over 100 hrs of the best game play ever. :smiley:

After that, get some Bioshock! :cool:

There are also a few threads with more suggestions when you need more.

There’s really no need to continue this thread, this is the answer.

Although Red Dead Redemption is pretty cool.

Okay I forgot all about Mass Effect I am sorry. Red Dead Redemptation does look good but I don’t know how I feel about the Cowboy genre. Any other suggestions? I am look for good online play.

So much FPS action it’s exploded out the back of the character’s head to become third person!

=P

A shooter is a shooter no matter where the camera is. :stuck_out_tongue:
It also speaks to the brilliance of the creators to give you something nice to look at. :wink:
Besides, things can often get violent if you even mention TPS. :eek:

Yeah, Miranda does look pretty nice :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that I’ve played ME2 and done a few rounds of the new FSL, I kind of wish I’d gone with her instead of Sarah.

I got a 360 a few weeks ago, but I’ve only really played ME2 on it so far. Started Dragon Age, but haven’t gotten any where on it yet.

Sounds like everyone is in agreement about Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.
Well that means I will need to try them out. However I am limited on my funds so I would have to get the biggest bang for the buck. I have thought about subscribing to GameFly. Any thoughts on GameFly?

If you aren’t the type of person to replay the same game then I would recommend. Many games, once you play through you are finished and GF is great for that. For games like Halo, where multiplayer is a big part you really need to own game. ME would be good on GF but its replayability is so high and it’s price is so low buying is worth it. Newer games like ME2 and Dragon Age are getting quite a bit of download content that makes having the game more valuable.

You can also buy the game from GF if you want. If you are really strapped for cash then it’s a great option. Unless you don’t go through games very fast. :wink:

Don’t forget about any local used game stores. They may have some good deals.

Just another vote for the Mass Effect series here. Mass Effect 2 is probably the best video game I have ever played and the story is more gripping than a lot movies.

I did make the mistake of buying ME2 first so going back to play the original somewhat difficult. The story is still fantastic but the actual game play is frustrating.

You can pick up both titles for around 60.00 and there is a lot of free DLC for hours of enjoyment.

Don’t forget the arcade titles, Carcassonne, Catan and Ticket to Ride. Boardgames on the TV-screen… and the reason I’m getting an Xbox in the near future :cool:

Other than that, I’m hopelessly clueless regarding console games, so if I dare interject with a brief question in this thread… what is the driving game of choice for the Xbox? Online multiplayer is mandatory.

Played Gran Tourismo 5 prologue a few weeks ago and was “Ah yeah!” and only found out today that it’s PS only. Why oh why can’t they all just… get along?

Forza 3 is the best driving game, period. And it’s 360 exclusive.

I recommend Borderlands as it is a FPS with RPG elements. The way the loot drop system and skill trees work are very similiar to Diablo II. There is online and offline multiplayer (split screen).

The plot can’t compare to ME or DA:O but you’ll be too busy blasting to care.

Played through the story of Fable 3 this weekend and I loved it. A guesstimate would be that it took me some 15 hours or so maybe? But then I’m not the fastest player, and I did some sidequests and stuff and didn’t concentrate on the main storyline all the way through, so I think you can probably rush through it pretty fast if you know what you’re doing.

Anyways, it was highly enjoyable, and I think I’ll spend some time grinding achievements for it now as well.

Anyone want to carry my online fable child?

Update - sorry for resurrecting an old thread but after a year and a half I have finally gotten an Xbox with Kinect for Christmas. Kinect came with 3 Kinect games - Kinect Adventures, Fruit Ninja, and Gunstringer which are primarily for Zephyrette and Little Zephyrette.

While they were playing those I went shopping for games. The key things I was looking for was good price and good multiplayer. So I picked up Call of Duty 2 Modern Warfare and Call of Duty Black Ops. I took everyone suggestions into account and come very close to getting Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 but decided on the newer games. I will probably ask on of my friends to let me borrow their ME and DA to see how it like them.

Well got to get back to playing while the girls are in school but hit me up on Xbox Live gamer-tag: GWCzephyr

Thanks again for all your help, see you online.

Get N+ on the arcade. It’s addictive as hell, and the co-op play is insanely fun for such a simple game.