Xbox 360: Good Co-op games that wife and I can play

Good Afternoon Hive Mind,

Now that we have the fancy TV in the living room, the wife is interested in using it to it’s full potential and
has expressed interest in participating in Co-op games. Therefore, I open it up to the wise, what are some good
games out there that will hold her interest.

She has travel sickness, so COD style games are not a good choice (nor for me either, too long and I feel a bit
wrong).

I do have Gears so that is an option.

She does scare easy as well, although she might enjoy Left for Dead, Dead Island.

Anyway, let me know what you think and the platform is the 360.

One of the ones she did mention was Burnout - because as she put it, the aim is to crash :slight_smile:

She also mentioned SWAT 3 that we used to play back in the day.

Burnout Paradise
Gears of War
Left for Dead
Dead Island

Portal 2 FTW

A friend’s wife calls Burnout (3, I believe) “Crash 'ems” because when we play multiplayer that’s all we play. It can easily eat an entire evening.

If you’re looking for epic storyline type games, you may want to look into Fable (as has been mentioned on the 'cast). Both 2 and 3 have co-op support throughout the game and I enjoyed 2’s single-player well enough to say it may be worth giving it a try. Haven’t gotten around to 3 yet but I’ve heard good things.

Halo reach

The Halo type games are probably out due to her not being able to cope with the viewpoint.

I’ve got the fable series so I’ll give that a whirl

Keep the suggestions coming

Regards

Dead Island is first person too btw as is Portal 2

Portal 2 is 1st person, and you technically shoot, but I have issues with first person shooters (headaches and the like) and I was able to play Portal 1 and 2 with no problems at all. The slow pace I think helps. Plus, it’s brilliant :slight_smile:

I think its the slow pace because I first noticed the whole motion sickness when I had a fancy monitor and was playing HL:2 esp. on the hovercraft section…I think that’s why I like stealth games like Deux Ex and Splinter Cell. As long as the viewpoint doesn’t spin/change to quickly, then it’s good.

Maybe try the Bioware games with the choices and the dialog? I always thought it would be interesting playing those with somebody, because you’d be able to talk about the ramifications of each choice before you make it. Examples would be like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, both great games.

The missus and I have just finished playing Hunted: The Demon’s Forge. It’s pretty much like a fantasy version of Gears of War. One nice touch that may appeal though is that you play as a couple of lovers, instead of two guys in farcically large armour. As it happened the missus ended up playing the bald guy and I ended up playing the busty blonde woman, which is a bit of a turnabout, but hey, I like to snipe and the missus likes to charge into combat with a big axe!

It’s not as polished as Gears of War, but it has a good storyline and is enjoyable as long as you keep it on the “casual” difficulty setting.

If you are into the single player RPG bent, the multi-player on Mass Effect 3 is quite fun.