World War CAP!!

As a rabid fan of marvel and the avengers in particular, i am witnessing the birth of that universe on film with an anticipation bordering on rapture.

But now…Conflict has arisen!

WHO SHALL BE CAPTAIN AMERICA???

The thing is…Cap is special.

it"s not his powers…compare to pretty much everyone in the MarvelU…he is ordinary…Yes…he is a great fighter and can hold is own…but frankly…he seems so much weaker than every one else.

yet

Tony Stark, a billionaire with an unstoppable armor, follows him

Thor, a frakking God, follows him

They all do

Now…what actor can best represent that ? That charisma and that leadership that makes billionaires and gods follow him into hell!!

now…pic a side!..declare your allegience!!

Who shall be Cap!

tough question this movie scares the crap out of me. it can go wrong so easily i guess an undiscovered actor would be my choice but whoever they get will eventually have to act on par with Robert Downey jr. so that would be a hell of a find. but i guess if i had to choose a known quantity it would matt Damon.

still i don’t hold a lot of hope out for this movie.

David Spade, he would rock!:smiley:

“What? Throw the sheild? I cant even lift it… Can we make this out of something lighter?”

Mark Valley

Captain Awesome, obviously. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, he’s definitely got the right look, but I’m not sure he could pull off the gravitas of Steve Rogers and not make it cheesy.

you might be onto something…

if they don’t mind having Cap America be someone older, I see no reason why Brian Austin Green couldn’t do it.

Considering he was in his 70s when he started the Avengers, that shouldn’t be a problem. :slight_smile:

I like BAG, but I can’t see him as Cap. Maybe Hank Pym?

Almost anyone but Christian Bale or Eric Bana please!

Other than that, I have no clue. I wouldn’t mind him becoming non-white or even a woman though. Halle Berry could use another Razzy. But, alas…

The casting search for Steve Rogers aka the title role in The First Avenger: Captain America has finally come to the end. Marvel Studios and director Joe Johnston have hired Chris Evans for the role.

A few weeks ago a short list was leaked, containing the actors that Joe Johnston was considering for Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, in The First Avenger: Captain America. The list included John Krasinski (The Office), Scott Porter (Speed Racer, Friday Night Lights, Caprica), Mike Vogel (She’s Out of My League, Cloverfield) Michael Cassidy (Smallville) and Patrick Flueger (Brothers, The 4400), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl) and Garret Hedlund (Tron Legacy). The list narrowed down to Mike Vogel (Cloverfield) and Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy), as well as Chris Evans (Fantastic Four) and Wilson Bethel (Generation Kill). Ryan Phillippe also joined the party, as well as Channing Tatum (GI Joe: Rise of Cobra).

Last week it was reported that Evans was offered the role, but no one knew if he would accept the 9-picture option and low-ball $300,000 salary. Heatvision now confirms that a deal is done, and they are almost done finishing up the contract — Chris Evans is Captain America.

Filming is set to begin at the end of June in the UK.

This Chris Evans?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0262635/

I dunno. I wasn’t impressed with his performance in Push. d: Or, the whole movie for that matter…

BRUCE CAMPBELL!

lol

honestly, they would be better off getting a total unknown. someone who we have never seen be anything BUT Captain America.

I’m…not really down with that choice

Chris Evans? Uhm…havent they seen any of his movies? The smell of garbage is permanently attached to this guy. Oh well, if anything it will get thrown on the pile with all the other lame superhero movies/tv shows, Ill do my best to forget about it.