Worf vs. Teal'c

Fair Fight…no weapons…two men enter…

which one leaves?

Moved the thread and the poll didn’t move with it! New fangled forum software… :o Recreated it though…sorry if votes were lost.

Just one thing Gryper, the 1st time I came Baltar was on the list.

And if Baltar was indeed on the list, I don’t think fair fight can apply to him :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to go with Worf, but only based on Klingon physiology. Teal’c is going to recover from this whole thing first, but for the fight itself, Worf will be standing wondering where humans that are that fierce and honorable come from.

Baltar was on the list as the usual “Other” choice.,not as participant, cuz he’d get creamed

i don’t know… with weapons maybe Worf, but Worf does get beat up a lot…

Rats! I couldn’t remember if Baltar was there or not after I moved the thread.

Sorry I messed up your poll. :frowning:

No worries…the two choices are still there…all good

Nicely said. :slight_smile:

I voted for Teal’c, but I think it’d probably go like the Teal’c/Ronon fight on Atlantis. Complete and utter stalemate with neither one able to take the other out.

I reluctantly voted for Worf. Reluctantly because I am currently engaged in a discussion w friends about how Worf is the WORST SECURITY CHIEF EVER. Really, he probably would lose because he didn’t see Teal’c coming. But assuming that “fair fight” means that both of them know they’re about to fight, Worf probably has the advantage.

I voted for Teal’c. He is older and way more experienced in battle than Worf from being the Prime of Apophis for all those years, then being the leader of the Jaffa rebellion. Worf to me seems a little soft compared to other Klingons. Don’t get me wrong, he would would kick most people’s asses. But up against Teal’c? I don’t see him winning that one.

Teal’c. That worm of his is pumping the most fantabulous endorphins through his system, giving him otherworldly strength and endurance. While Worf is rugged and mentally strong, he would get tossed around like a rag doll.

let me present when Worf challenged Gowron for the title of chancellor in DS9.

Pervy Forehead is old and people including Worf describe him as cowardly, and without honor. Yet when they fought, the younger, in shape, experienced Worf got his butt kicked. He was throw through glass and was about to be killed, before he sneaked in a jab while laying on the floor.

Worf gets his butt kicked a lot…

“Half the time you were on your back!”
“That’s how I fight.”

But yeah, gonna have to vote for Teal’c on this one.

As much as I love seeing Worf being Worf. Teal’cs battle experience and tactics would just mop the floor with Worf. The only time we saw Worf going all out was in a training Hologram with his beloved-ed. Even there she was keeping up fairly well. That’s one problem I had with Next gen Trek. The close in fighting hand to hand was never very good. Blame the stunt coordinators. That being said Worf did do better in First Contact. Still all in all I stand by my decision.

As much as I love seeing Worf being Worf. Teal’cs battle experience and tactics would just mop the floor with Worf. The only time we saw Worf going all out was in a training Hologram with his beloved-ed. Even there she was keeping up fairly well. That’s one problem I had with Next gen Trek. The close in fighting hand to hand was never very good. Blame the stunt coordinators. That being said Worf did do better in First Contact. Still all in all I stand by my decision.

On DS9 he kicked some Jem’Hadar ass pretty good.
Still, I think any Jaffa has a huge advantage over a Klingon.

Let’s break it down.

1. Physical characteristics: Tie
    Worf, being a Klingon, is automatically going to be stronger than 95% of all humans alive. It’s just part of who he is that he can punch and kick pretty damn hard. However, goa’uld also imbue their hosts with nigh-superhuman strength. Their healing abilities are a bit negated, as during the course a mano y mano fight, there will be small opportunity for repair. If anything, the snake will just be trying to literally hold intestines in with his little tail.

2. Education: Teal’c
    My assumption is that this fight is mano y mano, fists of fury. The majority of Worf’s training, as a naval officer, is in the operation of ships. Even in fulfilling his role as security & tactical officer, most of his time is spent manning weapons rather than fighting. As a result, his training naturally also leans in that direction. Opposed to this is Teal’c’s training as First Prime. His duty was to lead invading forces and subdue native populations on the ground. His training will have been primarily in armed and unarmed personal combat and ground battlefield tactics. Aside from this, he will also need to be the MOST highly trained officer in Apophis’ command, as he will be the first onto the battlefield and must survive long enough to leave it intact.

3. Work Experience: Teal’c
    Again, on the job training favors Teal’c. After helping establish Apophis as a major force among the goa’uld, Teal’c then turns around and leads a rebellion against the army he helped forge. Conversely, Worf was consistently trying to regain the trust of the people he left. Whereas one attempts unity with the heart, the other attempts it with the first. The former may be more noble, but the latter will win in a fight.

4. Personal Experience: Worf
    All that said, Worf has had the harder life. Teal’c was always strong. He was trained highly, and everything he ever needed was given to him. Outside battle, his life never had much strife. His confidence comes from his performance record and other external factors. Worf’s confidence comes from the inside. Forsaken by his people, his biological need for battle drew him into a military organization where he finally found structure. Still, however, there was no shortage of strife. While Teal’c fights for a living, Worf’s life is defined by fighting and struggle.

Final Verdict: Teal’c.
Just one fight, head-on, fists only, Teal’c will win the day. He’s trained for it, and he’s done it thousands of times before. Even with weaponry, he will win. If this were a war of attrition or perseverance, Worf could have a shot. We all know how well goa’uld battle tactics work long-term on populations that refuse subjugation (not well). In that scenario, Worf could lead small strike teams and hit back however possible. He would never, ever stop fighting, and continue to try to attack the problem in new ways. Innovation was never the high point of goa’uld society.

One note in Worf’s favor. It has been shown he is a Master swordsman. Give him a bathlev and stand clear. One other thing he is also a good tactician. In that regard him and Teal’c would be interesting. It was mentioned that in an insurgency guerrila tactics would thwart Jaffa superiority. That is quite true.

Lets change the type of fight. Instead of a straight knock down drag em out. Make it like in TOS ARENA. In that Worf would have a fair to middleling chance of comimg on top.

Now what’s scary is seeing both Teal’c and Worf coming after you. In other words Kiss your behind goodbye.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk