Wonder Woman's new outfit

someone did not tell Wonder Woman that the REVOLUTION SHALL BE PANTSLESS!!!

I don’t mind the new costume, it’s the changing of her origin that bothers me.

Wait, that’s for the comics or movies or what?

Yes, I know this is the comics forum, but that is a huge change for her.

There’s speculation that he new costume in the comics will set up her movie costume, if they ever get around to making said movie.

Meh, I played City of Heroes with a guy who made all his characters look like the new costume, minus the tiara.

Thank you. That’s much better. But wouldn’t you think that an Amazon should have a thong for the new millennium? She could pose by showing off her ass…ets and arch her back and turn to face the camera showing off her other assets?

Yeah. I’ve thot about this alot. Alot.

<Indeed ;)> Wouldn’t a woman of this millennium also need a tramp stamp and bellybutton tattoo? Not to mention a tongue piercing!

Excuse me, I’ll be in fortress…doing solitary stuff. :o

Eh, the thing is I’d undress her in my mind either way, so I’m good. :wink:

And she and Power Girl could team up…no no no…they would fight each other…in Jello…well, at firs they would be fighting, but then…

…I’ll be in my bunk

I’d complain but the pants look tight enough for my liking…

OMG HOT

Not hot. I am all about appreciating hot women’s bodies (hi:flaming lesbian, here) but I am not all about making them be naked all the time (hi: loud, proud feminist, here). What I love about the new Wonder Woman look is that she’s wearing something mostly realistic for crime fighting and truth compelling, isn’t infantilized through childish accoutrements at the same time as she’s eroticized, and she looks both HOT and comfortable.

So the new costume is a total improvement, in my mind. The suggested improvement here, however, irks me.

Yeah. She’s totally sexy. And she could kill us both. Which just adds to the sexy. I like the boots.

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. But comics (and I assume this is for the comics and not the potential movie) are about archetypes and not so much with the realism. So I gotta go with the ‘fixed’ version. In a movie, the former would help suspend my disbelief.

If you need an archetype, remember that she’s approximately 36-26-42.

Perhaps I can meet you halfway and accept the loss of the shrug. I hate shrugs IRL anyhow. But I love the pants!

I like the pants too. But I think we can agree that short-shorts are almost always preferable.

This is much better IMO.

The short-shorts aren’t flattering but pants go against my principles. We could also use some rock-hard tasty abs (washer-board style, glistening in the sun).

Also, what kind of Wonder Woman has 42" hips? :confused: I’m just saying.

My kind of Wonder Woman. To each his or her own.

Take what I’m saying as you will since I don’t actually read Wonder Woman comics, but I’m all in favor of costumes that don’t make female superheroes look like they’re wearing bathing suits and provide adequate boob support. They’re fighting bad guys, not getting tans.

(Incidentally, this is why I like the newer generation of Marvel female superheroes’ costumes. Stature, Hawkeye, and the Academy X survivors actually wear protective gear that looks flattering on them! Yay!)

I guess the answer to life is 42. Well played my friend, well played. :wink:

The kind who can bear your babies and be back in fighting condition in 10 days? The hot kind?

Hi five, sir.

I hear you! Thank you. I’m even ok with the corset, since it is comics, but you can have a sexy superheroine without them being mostly naked in a way that is off-putting to many women fans.