What should Whedon do next?

I’d love to see a a Dr. Horrible two.

I can see why Joss feels hardened by the networks, but at the same time I always wonder why he wouldn’t go to a cable network instead of a major network (who’d provide more creative freedom, see BSG, or SG, or Mad Men, or The Shield, or Dexter, etc…, or as in the case of Buffy and Angel, both shows receiving a good 5-7 years at a smaller network like CW (ex upn/wb)) there, Firefly would have flourished and maybe even Dollhouse could have survived. I’d imagine as small a show budget it is on cable or on CW compared to the big four networks, it’ll still be larger than the budget of a web series. Why Fox? Why not…FX instead? (or the SciFi?) Though, I suppose I don’t really understand the machinations of Hollywood.

But, of course, I’m always curious to see if anyone could influence and change the landscape of web series into something more prominent.

I’d actually love to see Joss tackle something a little more down-to-earth, like a Boston Legal type show about lawyers or cops or some such. He’s great and fantasy/sci-fi, but I’d love to see him turn his character/dialogue genius on some regular “real world” type scenario. Could easily be web-based, independently produced, use an unknown cast and no need for major special effects. Maybe teachers, or mechanics. Maybe migrant farm workers.

I hear he’s buying over (or rather, showing interest in buying) the Terminator franchise. I hope he continues Season 3 of TSCC.

… and Season 4 of Veronica Mars would be nice too! The established storyline is that she graduates and joins the FBI.

… hey, do you guys get that nagging feeling that all these famous people are actually trolling around GWC ?? I hope Joss is reading this!

things went cablowey so double post; what to put here, what to put here… ah ha

You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, “Who’s that?” St. Peter says, “Oh, that’s God. Thinks he’s Denny Crane.”

puppets are a new medium right? :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w_Ttna-tbM

Unfortunately, the TSCC thing was a joke. :frowning:

I saw his costume designer at the Firefly convention and she seemed very confident about a Dr. Horrible 2. In fact, she brought the original costumes from it- goggles, gloves, Dr. jacket and Captain Hammer’s shirt. Very cool.

Something that runs for more than a couple seasons

ooooooooooooooooh burn

Dawn, you met Shawna? She’s such an amazing designer. I remember her saying that Inara’s dress in “Shindig” was made from her own wedding dress and I thought, “Now that is commitment.”

Okay, dream project: a film version of Into the Woods. I think Whedon’s and Sondheim’s comic sensibilities would mesh well together. Witches, wolves, giants–no problem for Joss.

Could honestly see him do a Trek movie…

Am I stating the obvious that I would love to see more Firefly any way at all.

In this case, YES YOU ARE!!!:smiley:

I would like to see him get his own imprint at a comic book company. Dark Horse is the logical choice because of all his work he’s doing there. He could do things like a Firefly comic, the continuing Buffy Season 8 comic, Dr Horrible comics, Dollhouse comics and even expand to do more “original” work like the Sugarshock one.

Joss shouldnt do anymore comics, they take FOREVER when hes writing them. As much as I enjoy all of the extended universe stuff hes done and the Xmen run, Id rather he stick to what he is best at, TV.

I suppose suggesting he make like Sarah Conner at Cyberdyne all over the repulsive little Foxniks would be inappropriate, unadvisable, indiscreet and unforgivable
(but fun)