What are you calling the guy in the black shirt?

I think this will be an interesting poll :slight_smile:

Smeagol.
The opening scene reminded me of the Deagol and Smeagol scene from Lord of the Rings…I don’t know why.

I am calling him Jacob. I think they are the good and evil sides of the same entity.

If that were true, then it would be like in “The Dark Crystal” when one gets hurt or killed, so would the other.

Are we talking about the being that has the image of John Locke or the other guy in the beginning of the episode who was on the beach with Jacob in the past when the statue was still standing?

Edit: Upon further consideration, I guess they’re the same entity…

Johnny Cash

(not really.)

I like how he’s being call unLock (sic) on, I think it’s Doc Arzst’s blog. Clever.

That’s awesome!
I started calling him The Smoking Man, cuz I’m not quite on board w/smokey itself being anything but a tool of someone else.

I call him Captain. but some people call him Jim…

Oh

Is that someone else?

I’m gonna think of him as Jacob’s nemesis. The goddess Nemesis was known for indignation and retribution. By the actions of Jacob’s nemesis in his introduction and motives in the episode, I think we can agree he was full of that.

When I first saw them on the beach (see photo above), I noticed Jacob wearing white and Nemesis wearing black. I thot of Yin Yang, immediately; complementary opposites within a greater whole. Then Jacob’s nemesis spoke of a “loophole” which constituted a contract or design. There was a system in place, perhaps created by a higher authority. I started to wonder who these two were subject to. Finally, Nemesis said, “I’m going to kill you.” This was not opposites living in harmony. This was a design in peril.

Now that Jacob is dead. The world is unbalanced. I wonder what Nemesis has in store.

Anti-Jacob from the moment we saw him…as you can witness if you go back and reread the Frak Party

Bocaj.

Interesting, the forum won’t let you post a message less than 10 characters long.

I’ve been wondering if they were each other’s constants and he figured out how to get around one’s death.