Werewolf on the forum?

Hi peeps!

following the post meet up afterglow i was wondering if anyone wishes to give werewolf a spin while on the forum.
'm quite willing to run the first game, using my generic random number generator to decide whom is vilager and whom is werewolf (people to be informed by pm)

I’ve seen it run succesfully on a different forum and was pondering doing it here. Essentially each day/night cycle would last 24 hours, wolves would vote by PM to decide whom to eat (unanimous decision please) and I’ll come up with some suitably purple prose to describe the death.

In the following 24 hours accusations can fly on the public thread, with people indicating in bold whom the wish to lynch. Majority rules there but you can change your mind as often as you like.

I was going to just include Wolf, Villager and watchman cards initially The number of wolves at the start would depend upon the number of players as I’d like to keep it interesting but not impossible for the villagers to win.

If you would like to give this a spin please reply to this thread, if I get enough people interested then I’ll start the game off.
Alan

Werewolf sign up sheet:

Another forum I go to has successfully run games using http://www.epicmafia.com/home dunno if that’d be easier or harder than this but either way I’m down

I tried doing this a bit ago, but there didn’t seem to be much interest.

It’d be great if we can rename it to Cylons! But how does the mechanics work on the forum?

EDIT

Just read Pike’s suggestion, I just need to add Eastern Time to my Foxy Clock, thought it might take a while to finish a game. Also, how are Cylons and Colonials decided? Is there a way to do that at random?

The moderator would do this privately using cards or a random number generator or whatever. Werewolves/Cylons are informed by PM and coordinate their plotting that way.

I don’t think I could run one this week, but I should be able to play if Phazed wants to run it.

@pike I’m quite happy to run it, it’s why I proposed it, to make a reasonable game I’d want mebbie 8 people, 9 or under i’d go with two wolves, one watchman. above 10 i’d go with three wolves.

The accusations/ counter accusations and role play can make for some fun.

So far we have
God:
Phazedout
Players:
DefaultProphet
hansioux
Pike

please quote this message and add yourself to the players list if you want to play, If I get enough people interested I shall kick this off at 5pm EST/10pm GMT on Friday, April 1st. Day/night cycle will reset a that time.

I don’t think you should add special characters until 10 players, and another wolf until 14. I’ll try to find the article about that.

Sticking to the Cylon theme, what should the Watchman’s name be? As far as I know, there’s also a Investigator (Detective/Seer/fortune teller) role, a Enemy killer (Vigilante/Hunter) roll and a Protector (Doctor/Bodyguard).

So in the BSG world, what should we name the Investigator, the Enemy Killer and the Protector?

I know for the Double-agent role (Godfather/Traitor/Possessed) we can name it Boomer :stuck_out_tongue:

I was going to do a doctor in the investigator role (sort of a Baltar without the rockstar status.) If it got big I’d have an ex-cop or Marine as bodyguard or vigilante.

Get! It! On!

Gotta get it on!

No choice BUT to get it on!

Mandate! GET…IT…ON! :groucho:

small voice
What is Werewolf? :smiley:

I’m glad you asked Coco, since current infections has robbed me of the ability to talk for more than 30 seconds without a coughing fit, the opportunity to babble at length in text appeals.

Werewolf is a party game, with any number of players, usually played after alcohol has been consumed, but not always.

In it’s most basic form, there are two types of players, villagers and wolves. Every player gets a card (not shown to others) with their designation. The “god” (or DM if you prefer) sets the scene with suitably purple prose and instructs all players to close their eyes, once this has been done the wolves open their eyes and vote by pointing silently at whom they wish to eat. Once they’ve had their meal everyone closes their eyes again and peace reigns. A minute or so later everyone wakes up… except the poor victim.

Then the fun starts, accusations and counter accusations fly as the villagers panic and choose someone to randomly lynch. If lucky they get a were wolf, if not another innocent villager dies.

This then continues round by round until either all the wolves are dead or there are not enough villagers left to outnumber the ravenous wolves.

That’s the basics, there can be other cards introduced (hunter, cupid, the watchman) but I’d explain those as they were introduced, the game I’m proposing running here would be just the basic werewolf one, with more complicated cards brought in once we’ve had a successful match.

Phaze
on the “Hope Coco understood the above explanation, if not feel free to ask clarifying questions” ID

Of course similar games would be Mafia, which is the first kind I’ve played.

So put that in the BSG context:

FTL = night time = civilians goes to sleep. bad guys and special characters go to work.
Normal time = day time = civilians wakes up and begins pointing fingers.

Cylons = Bad guys = Werewolf = Mafia.
Colonials = good guys = Villagers = Citizens.
Doctor = Investigator = Oracle = Detective.
Marines = Protector

and so on :stuck_out_tongue:

well it woudl seem that there’s only about 4 people other than me (being god) who want to actually play.

I’m afriad in order to run the game I need at least six, preferbly eight people. Guess it’s not hapening.
Phaze
on the “disappointed in managing to not get werewolf going i’ve seen this game be fun on other fora, ho hum” ID

Yeah, that surprised me too. With all the forum game type stuff that goes on here, you’d think you could scare up seven people.

Let me re-read the forum but it sounds interesting so put my name in :slight_smile: (I’ve been away making baking goods).