Well, it would certainly be worth a shot...

Aight, I’ll be the one to throw out the obligatory Guest Suggestion That Is Such a Long Shot It Would Probably Never Happen.

Suggestion: Joss Whedon
Reasons he wouldn’t come on:

• He’s Joss Whedon.
  • This is a mere fan podcast.
    Reasons he would come on:
  • He’s Joss Whedon – the dude is awesome.
  • GWC is (I think) the most popular nonofficial BSG-related 'cast out there.
  • It’s no secret that he is a crazy-huge fan of BSG. While I can’t recall the exact quote, he said in a recent interview something to the effect of “It is the single greatest show ever made”

So…likely? Probably not. Possible? Stranger things have happened. Would it be worth it to at least ask? Definitely. Honestly, he might enjoy the opportunity to do something that was not been directly related to his own work, but rather something that he himself really digs.

You may now commence beating me about the head and neck with a garden hose for my potentially ridiculous idea.

those guys from southpark. they said they love the show.

Oh come on: Ron Moore. How can you not at least DREAM of having him on this podcast. The guy might actually do it, too. I mean, his own final podcast last season was taped at a frak party at USC (UCLA?).

I thought he was at a private home with the folks who originated the idea of the frak party? The only collegiate-based podcast I can recall was based at RDM’s alma mater in NYS. That was mid-season with a film class, I think.

Personally I’ve always dreamt of having Edward James Olmos on and being convinced to give his best “Craaaaaap” impression.

TARGET GIFT CARDS

That’s awesome. I can’t imagine he’d have time for us, but having seen him speak on other subjects, I’d guess that if he was on, he’d happily give it a try. He’s a lot different than Adama in person.

I second Joss Whedon.

Richard Hatch seems pretty willing to go on fan podcasts. Maybe you could get him to do a phone interview?

And I third him! Oh, wait, I already voted…

Wow The3! Double-dippin’ at it’s finest. :slight_smile: I’ll third Joss Whedon for you. I’ll also second for EOJ or Richard Hatch. Those 2 would be cool. I’d second for Ron Moore…only if Mrs. Ron don’t talk during the podcast. }:slight_smile:

I’ll fourth the nomination. You could lure him in by asking his opinion about it while not having to worry about him defending his own universe.

Pretty sure you could get the Chief. The Chief is at every convention out there. In fact if you setup a fake Battlestar convention I’ll bet you a quarter he shows up.

What happens when three podcast hosts, who think the Chief is one of the greatest characters ever, get the opportunity to lure him in under the false pretenses of a nonexistent convention? This happens.

Aaron Douglas: Are…are you sure the con is here? It’s kinda grimy, and I’m pretty sure that hobo back there was dead.
Chuck: No, no.
Chuck laughs disarmingly
Chuck: Everything’s cool. It’s just towards the end of this alley.
Aaron Douglas: Well, all right.
Chuck: Here we are.
Chuck slowly forces opened a rusted door
Aaron Douglas: Wait, I’m almost positive that sign said “Condemned”. Maybe this isn’t such a great idea…
Chuck: Nonsense!
Chuck shifts over to obscure the sign
Chuck: Besides, you wouldn’t want to disappoint your fans, would you??
Aaron Douglas: No, I suppose not.
Aaron Douglas cautiously steps inside
Aaron Douglas: Umm, it’s kinda dark in here…

(from the darkness)

Audra: NOW!!
Sean charges with a burlap sack

I love Mrs. Ron. She doesn’t give a crap that Ron is sitting there recording this thing that millions of people are going to listen to. High-larious.

I sometimes find her funny. But when she makes some inane comment when Ron is explaining something and he responds to her then he doesn’t finish his comment. That’s annoying to me!

I do think you could make a drinking game with the ice tinkles during his podcast though.

What, no one else has seconded Olmos doing a “Craaaaaap,” If he did that I would definitly make it my ring tone.

NEW MEXICO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Actually after having met Aaron you wouldn’t need a convention - just lots of alcohol.

He is actually really cool and would most likely do a podcast if asked and he had the time. He loves to interact with the fans whether at a convention or not. In fact he has done a podcast in the past (recent past - when he was at Shore Leave in Baltimore - which I am now really annoyed I didn’t go to).

In fact many of the BSG stars seem to be very fan friendly and willing to spend time just talking. Friends of mine did an interview with Jamie at Dragon Con and another friend did interviews with Aaron, Jamie and Mark while at Dragon Con.

Getting Ron would be a real score…does anyone know who we could bombard with politely written requests for him to appear ?? And while I’m at it, where can we contact the WEENIES at Sci-Fi who want to stretch BSG out until we’re all old and grey ?? Or, greyer.

Frak!

I fraking hate Shore Leave. Their registration is always closed about two weeks before I realize it’s impending.

And like every convention ever, all the good feldercarb happens on Friday. About an hour and a half after I (and the vast majoirty of my peers) get off work.

Those fraking motherfrakers are totally fraked! Frak them, and the fraking horses they rode in on.

(Sorry, that’s been building for like ten years.)

1. Whedon would be great.

2. Post-Galactica? Buffy Watercooler? Oh yeah!

3. RE: Olmos “Craaaap”:
    If Galactica were allowed to go on indefinitely and degenerate into Jump-The-Shark plotlines, maybe we’d see a body-switching episode where Tigh becomes Adama and Adama becomes Tigh. And much “Craaaaap”-ing ensues.

4. I’m gonna repeat this point at every opportunity till it becomes a reality: Great guest? Three words: Kev-in Smith.

5. I miss the old posting format on general principle, but the forum IS pretty cool. Tough decision to make, oh kind hosts, but you made the right call. Ongoing thanks.

• ferris

FYI, we left comments open on everything except the new Frak Parties, mainly because I feel like you do – they’re different environments, and they’re each fun in a different way.

As time goes on, we’ll probably make more normal blog-like posts to the blog, but we’re still a) reeling from getting the upgrade done, and b) not sure how all the pieces fit together. Oh well, as we always say whenever we discuss this on podcast night, we’re just glad to be a part of the community, and the community will take us in whatever direction is the right one.