Wampa (Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back) vs Abominable Snow Monster (1964 Rudolph)

As The Weather Channel’s named Winter Storm “Q” takes hold of most of the United States this week I thought it was high time to explore the white, furry, fiery, frozen terror that explored my childhood and let two of the most notable winter warrior creatures of my youth battle it out here on GWC Geekmatch.

Most of us here have most likely seen Star Wars:An Empire Strikes Back, and if you haven’t I urge you to see it RIGHT FRAKKING NOW. But the Empire not only brought us Han Solo in carbonite, AT-ATs and snow speeders - The Empire brought us the Wampas of planet Hoth. Wampas are terrifying and almost succeeded in eliminating Luke Skywalker from Lucas’ universe forever.

I’m guessing most of everyone here has also seen the 1964 claymation Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. If you have seen Rudolph you’ve seen the beloved Abominable Snow Monster. At the end of Rudolph, Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf turns the ravishing giant fur ball into a gentle home handyman. But before Yukon and Hermes tamed him the Abominable Snow Monster was the TERROR of the north!

Since both of these iconic creatures end their screen presence somewhat neutered, for the purposes of this Geek Deathmatch we will assume a pre-Luke Skywalker Wampa and a pre-Rudolph/pre-Cornelius Abominable Snow Monster.

So for this frozen winter wonderland Geek Deathmatch, who comes out on top? The Wampa Or The Monster? You decide!

The Wampa is a pure killer. The Bumble was only vicious because he was in an agitated stated, owing to his tooth decay. Now, I understand that these parameters are for a pre-tooth-extraction Bumble. But even when the Snowman was enraged, Yukon Cornelius was able to push the Bumble around. Yeah, the Bumble is bigger. But the Wampa will find you, attack you and eat you. That’s what he does. That’s ALL he does.

But The Bumble is bigger.

Like I said, Yukon Cornelius was able to shove the Bumble over the cliff with very little effort. No imagine a Wampa going full Wampa on his a**.

Yukon could take on 10 Wampas. But this isn’t about the gold digging mountain man. This is about winter wonderland warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk