Vulcan, Alberta, Canada

Vulcan Tourism,
Hosting Spock Days this year June 7 - 9.
This year they are opening a Star Trek Museum with original items from the various Trek shows.
http://www.vulcantourism.com

Where in canada is the star trek museum

It is the town of Vulcan, in the province of Alberta. About a 90 minute drive from the city of Calgary. If you are interested in camping, there are some nice camping sights nearby as well. For interest they have the Star Trek Station which is the Town of Vulcan tourist information, with some props, and trek stuff, also the Starship Enterprise outside. This year they added the new museum, they also do Spock Days with a weekend of Trek Related stuff, I haven’t been to one, but is is a bit like a smaller convention, with a few Star Trek actors.

Heya Boxhead,

Any word on whether Vulcan was impacted by the floods that whacked you guys this summer. From GMaps it looks about 45 min from High River, but it doesn’t look like it’s on as much as a flood plain.

Hope you weren’t impacted by the floods sir!

Alberta! Yes I admit that, since I’m not super far from Alberta (Alberta plates, well and BC too, show up in my local Costco parking lot…), I have looked at how far it would be to drive. I’m not sure I’ll convince my partner to go for a solo trip, but perhaps, perhaps, if I can find another reason to go gallivanting around Alberta…

Amberite, Vulcan was unaffected by the flooding, so were we, the worst we had was my daughter missed her last day of school to say goodbye to friends, ah, the life of a six year old! Recovery is still going on in the city, biggest thing going on know is the arguing about paying out overtime to the thousands of workers and city managers… shakes head

Casilda, what more reason to visit than a GWC meetup (Calgary Branch) During the Calgary Comic Expo in April, 2014!