Venture Brothers

Lets do it!!!

An excuse for watching the Venture Brothers from scratch?

I’M IN! :smiley:

Oh, and

IGNORE ME!

My secret shame is that I have never before seen Venture Bros.

Actually, not quite true, I saw part of the pilot and must have been in a bad mood or something because I didn’t get it. After hearing the crue explain that it was about failure was enough to make me give it a second look.

About half way through season 1 and it’s awesomeness on toast! If there’s an arc in a few weeks I should have caught up :slight_smile:

The pilot isn’t that good, in fact the first few episodes are rough. If you stick through it though, oh god it gets good.

Scientifically disproving the Chupacrabra in Tijuana: Excellent.

“Now, an interesting thing happens when you apply this to the Catholic church…”: Brilliant

The GRAPHIC that accompanies this on the chalkboard: PURE AWESOME.

It took me an episode or two before I got that it was basically Jonny Quest gone horribly wrong. After that it makes perfect sense. (Race and Jonny eventually show up as their older selves.)

August

Venture Bros

Season 4.5

nuff said

awsome

awsome

awsome

:cool:

:cool::):slight_smile:

I have like three seasons of Venture Bros on DVD… I wouldn’t dislike an excuse to finally get to them.

IGNORE ME!

It took an episode or two for the second season to get going but man I look forward to this arc being a thing. For some reason since the cast where the Crue discussed the pluses and minuses of 3D I keep hearing a conversation between Dr Girlfriend and The Monarch about going to see Avatar.

DrG: I don’t wanna wear the glasses.
TM: But 24 already paid of the tickets!
DrG: They make me look goofy
TM: Come on…you get to see a whole other dimension. Sam Worthingtons big blue chest RIGHT IN THE FACE! Besides, look at what you’re wearing. No-one is going to bat an eyelid at some goofy glasses.
DrG: I can’t see 3D, alright! Even with the stupid glasses I just get headaches
TM: You…you what?! We saw Nightmare on Elm Street in 3D. You mean to tell me all this time you’ve been faking it?

OK. I have now seen 3.5 seasons of Venture Brothers. Bring on the chat.

I think my fave moment (at least the one that keeps coming back to me) is when Brock shows up on Orpheus’ doorstep: “Yeah I think I might be a boiling pot of suppressed rage or something”

Classic

Damn. I was taken with the notion of assembling my own “speed suit.” (Pro tip, it’s a boiler suit with the sleeves taken in.) I figured getting the V patch would be the easy part, and apparently, it would be. If it wasn’t out of stock.

The frak, guys?

Jackson and Doc (now you know where White came from) at Dragon*Con.