Venture Bros.

Hey Chuck!

Thanks for recommending the show. I bought both seasons one and two. I watched Jonny Quest as a kid and thats makes the show even funnier. Boy I thought that South Park “crossed the line” , but this show stomps all over it. It reminds me of a show on Showtime called “Free for all”, very adult :D.

Can’t wait until season three.

Jim

Glad you enjoy it. It’s an, um, different kind of humor, but if you get it (and get into it), it’ll keep you laughing for months and months – long after you tire of waiting for new episodes.

Whenever Sean, Audra, and I are watching Star Trek, one of us always manages to MST3K in a bastardized version of the Monarch’s great line: “Nice onesie, dick.”

And Brock Samson is easily one of the greatest characters ever in an animated series.

“Scuba. Hm. You’re right, it does sound funny.”

Yeah I also have to thank you for turning me onto this, I use itunes vouchers in order to buy shows off the american itunes store (instead of waiting for them to reach here in blighty) and I had $4 burning a whole in my account, so i plummed for the first two episodes in series 1 and I have honoustly not laughed so much since the IT crowd.

“IGNORE ME”

Drug Rehab Forums

I have a sweet T-shirt that’s black with a red line drawing of the robot from that episode with “IGNORE ME!” in big print below it. No one ever gets it when I wear it, which makes it even that much more fun.

That’s one of my favorite episodes, so many good parts to it

Stephen Colbert’s voice
Johnny Quest’s Cameo
the IGNORE ME robot
The aliens who “KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING”

Though my favorite episode is “The trial of the monach”

Mecha Shiva out.

My favorite Brock Samson moment is when he’s in a car with Helper, listening to Led Zepellin and defending it to Helper, saying: “It’s not Jock Rock. It’s about longing, and love, and feellings…and hobbits.”

I don’t know why, but that just cracks me up.

Of course, another crack-up, which no one in my family gets, is whenever my daughter, who loves butterflies, identifies a monarch butterfly, I simply HAVE to say…“the summer of the monarchs.” Possibly the best origin story ever.

Any guesses on Dr. Girlfriend’s big reveal? I don’t think its that she’s a man; that just seems too obvious.

after hearing the GWC crew quote it so much, i got the first 2 seasons to try out, but haven’t had a chance to watch yet.

just found an “Official” version via QuickStop Entertainment:

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/04/23/venture-bros-exclusive-new-york-comic-con-season-3-teaser/

I guess the references were way over my head because I hadn’t heard of Venture Brothers until today!! but i saw 2 episodes and i loved them. It reminds me of johnny quest, but funny…very funny. I ordered the season 1 & 2 dvd’s and i can’t wait to see them. I just don’t get how i missed this show. just makes me wonder what else is out there that I’m not seeing…

any recommendations?

haha, found this on flickr from the NYCC:

My wife is being forced to watch through the series now :slight_smile:

I’ve watched through three seasons in one week, cause I never watched it when it started. I’m glad I’m fully into it now, because now I get all those old jokes friends made that just made me scratch my head in confusion.

Ok, I got Season 1 disc off Netflix. I watched 6 episode and gave up it’s just not my bag, baby. But I gave it a shot.

My Season 1 set went missing a year ago, 2 months ago I give up on finding it, and buy a brand new set.

2 hours ago I was shuffling through some boxes in the attic, trying to find my Classic Ultra Magnus.

Season 1 of the Venture Bros. is sitting RIGHT THERE NEXT TO IT!

How is it POSSIBLE that a DVD ends up in a toy box? HOW!?

Yeah, I’m finding a mixed reaction.

The baseline seems to be: If you saw Jonny Quest growing up, you love it.

I did see Jonny Quest…in the 60’s and loved it. This no, just no.

I love this show so frakking much. I have to recommend one episode from the most recent season: “Handsome Ransom,” season 4 ep. 2. Kevin Conroy (aka Batman from “Batman: The Animated Series”) makes a cameo. And it’s lovely. Anybody who has ever made a joke about the relationship between Batman and all his Robins, this episode’s for you.

Venture Brothers to me is the gift that GWC gave me. I don’t know if I would have found it on my own and even if I heard of it I would probably not have given it the time of day.

Holy Krom.

Venture Brothers is the perfect show. It rides the line of absurd without (rarely) crossing over. It is an incredibly rich universe with a thousand back stories that somehow all comes together cohesively and makes sense. Like Archer it is so dense in content it is completely rewatchable over and over. I can understand how some may not enjoy, but if this is your bag it will instantly become a favorite.