Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust 4/15 8PM ET

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Thursday 4/15 8PM ET

Plot
Charlotte, a young woman, is abducted by Baron Meier Link, a vampire nobleman who is known not to harm humans needlessly. Charlotte’s father hires D to find her and kill her humanely if she turns into a vampire. At the same time, her older brother also hires the notorious Marcus brothers for backup. The two parties (D and the Marcus brothers) race inexorably after Meier Link. However, Meier Link hires the Mutant Barbarois; a group of lethal mercenary body guards. They consist of Caroline, a shape shifter; Benge, a shadow manipulator; and Mashira, a werewolf.

As the story progresses, Meier Link’s abduction turns out to be an escape by him and Charlotte, as they are lovers. Through the journey, D talks to Leila and tells her that she can have a life that someone like him could never have, the life of a normal human. They make a pact, if either one of them survives, the survivor can bring flowers to the other’s grave. Near the end of the movie, Meier Link goes with Charlotte to the Castle of Chaythe, where Countess Carmilla, Meier Link’s patron, waits for them. Carmilla, a ghost of a vampire who died long ago, reigned supreme within the Castle of Chaythe when vampires were all-powerful and unchallenged. However, her bloodlust was so strong that Count Dracula, D’s father, killed her in disgust. After going to the Castle of Chaythe, D fights Carmilla’s ghost, who plotted to kill Charlotte and return to life. D, along with Leila, let Meier Link leave for the City of the Night with Charlotte’s body.

In the final scene of the movie, D arrives at Leila’s funeral, watching from a distance. Leila’s granddaughter greets him and invites him to stay with them for a while. D declines, saying that he simply came to “repay a favor to an old friend, who feared no one would mourn her death.” He admitted he was glad she was wrong. The girl thanks him, and D replies by smiling gently at her, and leaves.

9pm ET if that’s cool?

Started.

Miyazaki.

Wow, she has a big head.

Why would he need 20 million?

This reminds me so much of Program from Animatrix. Especially Leila.

Homing arrow??

Sorry I am late, may I have a time check please?

22:00

Fantastic artwork.

Thats a nasty wound…

As Ackbar would say… ITS A TRAP!!!:eek:

Grats on 1500.

Havent seen this since its release…

Been a few years for me. Perfect tax day flick. d:

I kind of miss this art-style, am I nostalgic or what???

Dwight Shultz’s voice…:smiley:

The tall dark one looks like a berserker.

I know what you mean.

I’m listening to the Japanese audio.

Have you looked for Summer Wars yet?

T-1000!

Miyazaki.

It did not come up on the Right Stuf site, is it too new?