Vampire Arc

Hi gang,

I read through the old arc suggestions, and didn’t see this thread and thought I would throw it out there. It would be cool to do a Vampire arc similar to the Dragon arc, where weeks/films represent different protrayals of Vampires. It could link in the clasic Vamprire (Brahm Stoker’s Dracula, Nosferatu, Shadow of the Vampire, etc…), the contemporary action vampire (Blade, Buffy, Underworld series, Ultraviolet, Dusk till Dawn), the Vampire as a reflection of pop culture (Lost boys - 80’s, Interview with the Vampire - 90’s, Twilight - 00’s), the list of movies and groupings goes on and on and I am by no means a vampire connoisseur.

I know that vampires are typically classified as ‘horror’, but different flicks in this vein :wink: can cross genres into both sci fi and fantasy. Plus, it would give Sean an opportunity to make his case for Twilight again.

Good idea, but to do it justice would require a fairly long arc. Also, Twilight shudders.

:slight_smile: I have to admit, I’m a hater, but I wanted to be fair to everyone out there. I’ve tried to sit through the first two movies, and in the first I made it though most of it, but had to leave the room from time to time to vent. The second movie I just couldn’t finish, so I’m in the “tried it, not for me” camp.

My initial response to “vampire arc” was “meh.” But you mentioned some good ones, and the last three make a really interesting arc, illustrating the development of vampire chic over the last couple decades. Shows how they went from subterranean to suburban.

Maybe a three or four vampire arcs spread over time? Those three films, classics, action vampire films, then TV vamps (Buffy, True Blood)?

Yeah, it’s hard to just do a little.

i love me some vampires; doubt the crew would have all that much fun. but i vote yes.

let us not forget 30 days of night though; i do love when they make vampires scary.