Vague memories of old shows

Every so often I will have a flash of the faintest memory of an old show that I cannot be sure is real. It hit me again tonight and despite an extensive internet search, I cannot find any evidence of it, so I’ve brought it to the hive mind. I think it was a sitcom in the 80’s or 90’s. All I can recall is that it featured a castle, complete with a moat and a drawbridge as the set. It was deliberately cheesy, the set looked flimsy and cheap and the characters all wore equally cheesy and cheap medieval looking costumes, like a knight or maybe a king with a plastic suit of armor and a queen or princess with a pointy, tassled hat and maybe even a partial puppet of a dragon that appeared off-screen. I’m even starting to recall something like a magic mirror with someone in it who talked to the main cast and gave advice and such. It had all the classic sitcom tropes like nosy neighbors, crazy misunderstandings, just in a goofy, medieval setting. It sounds bizarre and nobody I know remembers it but I don’t think I’m dreaming. Does anyone else remember this, it’s driving me crazy!

Wow, rings no bells at all.
Good luck.

Just a stab in the dark, but is it Knightmare?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knightmare