US Marshall Raylan Givens (Justified) v Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes (Walking Dead)

In honor of Justified and Walking Dead both resuming new shows recently I’ll throw this Geek Deathmatch at ya: US Marshall Raylan Givens (Justified) v Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes (Walking Dead). So okay, they’re in very different universes and you may argue that Justified has nothing to do with Geekdom but both these gentlemen have remarkable similarities in skills. They are both crack shots, they both try to take care of their own, they both have hickville smarts and they have both proven to be survivalists. I’ll let you guys take it from here.

Keep posting your comments on supporting your lawman! I’d love to see your thoughts on this.

~Shooter

Damn!

How can you make me choose! I love both of these shows.

I had to vote for Raylan though, just cuz I love the show just a bit more. And he’s just so super cool. Loved Olyphant in Deadwood too of course.

The two shows are such apples and oranges though.

Raylan though seems like the loner, vigilante type, he’s smart enough to call for back-up.

Tough question. If it’s a gunfight, I’ll go with Raylan. Great question!

Raylan, no contest.

Yes they are very different worlds these characters inhabit.

But I think Raylan would flourish quite well in Rick’s world. The other way around, not so much (YMMV).

//youtu.be/3ekTLgp4JNA

OB

To be fair, Rick doesn’t HAVE backup available. Just his small group with no beyond visual sight communications. So his backup is only who he has with him at the time.

I love watching Raylan in action - great video!

I don’t necessarily disagree with you that Raylan would do well in the Walking Dead world (which is why this makes such a good matchup). BUT, Rick has PROVEN he can live amongst the walking dead. Raylan hasn’t proven that yet so I’ll say that’s still a big wildcard.

What if it’s a knife or fist fight? We saw Raylan take on that fighter last week and he got his ass kicked. I’d say Rick wins a knife or fist fight.

Makes sense. In a true deathmatch, Rick wins. I think Raylan would be smart enough to not get so close, though.

A couple eps back, Rick admitted he hadn’t been a very good po-lice. But that doesn’t mean he can’t whoop some arse.

I have to go with with Raylan, since he seems to count his bullet. Rick on the other hands, doesn’t seem to. Both can handle themselves, but knowing when to not waste bullets would be the thing. Since Rick seems to run out of bullets when he needs them, while Raylan that doesn’t seem to be the case.