Update from Galactic Watercooler on Facebook posted yesterday

Just wanted to let you know that at some point in the next few days Juan and I will be taking GWC’s website and forum off-line briefly to deploy some MAJOR upgrades we’ve been working on. Not sure of the time exactly, but we’ll let you know here when it happens. Didn’t want you to think the site disappeared when it’s down for an hour or two. The two of us have put easily 300+ hours into this, so we’re excited to get it out and live.

Glad to hear it - ever since the Facebook group was made into a public page or whatever I’ve stopped following there (the whole real-name thing, yo), thanks for sharing Gryper!

And it’s done! We just got the new site released tonight, and we’re really excited. Lots of new stuff, including a slick #hashtag encoding system that interlinks content to make it more discoverable, the ability to play podcasts directly from the site on mobile devices of all kinds, and a ton of mobile compatibility. (Check out the site on your iPhone, for example. Slick, eh?) The new site also incorporates some under-the-hood features that’ll let us distribute different kinds of content more easily.

Hey Chuck - you might want to click on the different podcast buttons on the right side and check out the pages. There are some coding errors popping up and URL’s look to be not coming through properly.

Not seeing any of those here. You might clear caches and see if they’re still appearing for you.

You might have caught Juan doing some restarts. We’d found a few issues with forum errors that didn’t show up in test and we resolved them right around the time stamp of your message, too. :slight_smile:

Glad to see the site upgrades.

Noticed your still working on the about page at the main blog site, eh? I only see Chuck and Juan on the ‘about’ page. No Sean, no Audra, no anyone else . . .

-Ethan

Wow, I like the new look.
Thanks Chuck, Juan and Gryper.

Just thank Chuck and Juan. :smiley: It’s all new to me too!

Agreed!!!

Baltar

Hey guys, well done on the site upgrade! Can’t wait to explore it in depth. We truly appreciate the time and work everyone involved puts into keeping this site great.

Can I ask the question we are all wondering? Are the microphones getting warmed up for some new GWC casts? Greatly looking forward to it.

What a great summer for Sci-Fi in the theater, so much to discuss…must have podcast…aaarrgllllgllargllgearggllllll

D

Great site update! Time to get back on that GWC pod-casting horse. :slight_smile: The first one back is always the hardest.

Well, the network is back. I’m guessing the delay in the main podcast is because of Sean having two kids now. :wink:

Not to mention his other Podcasting endeavors. :wink:

Really looking forward to the next podcast.
Never realized how much I took it for granted.
Well I’m ready. :slight_smile:

Pretty sure that’s more or less the common consensus :slight_smile:

I’ve been holding myself over by listening to the entire run of the Nerdist podcast more or less non-stop. Silver lining of having one podcast on hiatus is being able to catch up on another. Definitely itching for my GWC fix, though. 2013’s been a busy, busy year for most (if not all) of us.

(Major kudos to Chuck, Juan, & Gryper on the site upgrade! Looks damn snazzy!)

Totally agree Commander :slight_smile: A lot of the Alpacas have gone onto great podcasting heights in the interim – check out the GonnaGeek.com network. NightWing, Beef, The Operator, Nikki, Juan’s brother, Keir and a whole bunch of the gang are podcasting up a storm over there, and Sean has been known to jump onto the occasional Legends 'cast :slight_smile: