Update: Feb 25, 2010

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update:

First of all, we’re approaching the critical number for the dining out where we need to tell the lovely people which room we’ll be using. So if you haven’t already RSVP’d and want to attend, please do so as soon as possible. We’ll probably provide our final numbers for the dining out next week or early the following week. And if you’ve RSVP’d and (sadly!) can’t attend, please let us know in the next week or week-and-a-half so we can stabilize the numbers.

Numbers seem to be similar to last year, but with some different people attending. It’s always awesome to meet new people, so we’re doubly excited now.

We’re nailing down the smaller events and expect to send out the full event package PDF via email next week sometime. Things are still slightly in flux, but it’s looking good for a plan similar to last time (with the addition of Sunday events), sorta like this:

Friday:

[ul]
[li]Arrival happy hour at hotel bar[/li][li]Party[/li][li]Podcast[/li][li]Party[/li][/ul]
Saturday:

[ul]
[li]Early-bird trip to a local attraction w/Audra[/li][li]Breakfast[/li][li]Lunch w/gaming/hangout/etc.[/li][li]Dining Out[/li][li]Party[/li][/ul]
Sunday:

[ul]
[li]Brunch[/li][li]Anti-St. Pat’s Party[/li][/ul]
Like I said, you’ll get detailed information before you leave.

A couple of quick notes for first-timers and vets who may forget:

If you haven’t already made arrangements for transportation from the airport to the hotel (and hotel to events, etc), be sure to do so. We provide no official transportation for the event – we’d love to, but can’t afford it or the liability – but there are a number of people coming to the event that might be willing to help. Your best bet is to contact Raemani via the forum. She has graciously volunteered (again!) to keep a list of all the haves and needs to help match 'em up if at all possible.

The same is true for the hotel. If you’re planning on staying at the hotel – and if you’re coming in from out of town, you definitely want to stay at the hotel as a lot of the fun will happen there – you need to book a room or make arrangements to share one with someone else. Again, Raemani has a list which could help you out.

We don’t know what the weather will be like then, but we’ll post some info the week before to help. We’ve been in the middle of a cold snap here (35-55 F) but it may warm up before then. We hope it will.

If you’ve RSVP’d and haven’t received something from me (a PM or email), please drop me a line and let me know so we can make sure I’ve got you on the list. I believe I’ve gone through all of 'em now.

Anyway, that’s the status of things as of right now. Can’t wait. Seems like it can’t get here soon enough.

Woo Hoo!!!

3 weeks from today I will be in TX. I am so excited and can’t wait to see everyone again.

I am starting to firm things up with roomies and rides so everybody get me their info ASAP if you still need rides (or can provide rides), and/or roommates (or have room in your room)

OK guys - I have one guy that needs a roomie for the meet-up. Any body out there that hasn’t told me they either need a roomie or have room in their room??

If someone who has had to back out has a room that is a double and someone who has a single and wouldn’t mind sharing maybe we can work something out.