Unofficial Travel Thread

Prices have dropped so I’m getting ready to buy my ticket. Anyone else arriving Friday afternoon at DFW? I want to carpool to hotel. I could arrive between 2 and 4… would like to take the later flight arriving at 4ish but wondering if traffic from Dallas to Plano would be tough at that time of day on Friday.

Frenchie

I’ll try to act casual. :slight_smile:

Rates have soared once again (went up $150 since I posted last), so it looks like I’m out unless we get a price turnaround! Stupid vulcan airlines.

noooooooooooo

Track that crap on bing travel, it’s usually p. accurate

Keep an eye on it - I have watched the prices drop lower then what I bought them for, go up to 3 times what I paid, and are not back down to lower then I bought it for.

You have about another week before the prices go high and stay high.

Gah - I may have screwed up and waited too long.

But hey… we’ll see what happens. Rae, I still have my room reserved but will let you (and the hotel) know if I can’t make it so someone else can have it.

Frenchie

Awwww yeah!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Leaving for the airport…NOW!!! Well as soon as I log off!

Woot! I don’t leave for a few hours but I’ll seeya on the other side!

Well I’m still at the Peoria Airport…fogged in. No idea what time I’ll get in the air. They said that flights yesterday morning were delayed until 10:30. :frowning: Frak! But at least it’s only a 2 hour flight.

I’m sitting at my gate and I have a 2 hour wait. Then I transfer in Houston and I’ll land in Dallas approx 4:30.

I have a question about the tollways there. According to google maps last night, I have to use 2 tollways to get from the airport (Love Field) to the hotel. I’m not that familiar with them since we don’t have them in Phoenix. About how much are the tolls and do I need exact change?

No the right lane will break paper money for you. Figure 60cents to a buck per toll and about 5 tolls between you and plano.

Lots of exit tollbooths have no attendees anymore. Not sure of the specific exit they will be needing for the hotel though.

Many booths now have signs that say “keep moving, we will bill you”

I have the same policy.

Yeah, just sometimes those bills can be in the hundreds of dollars. :smiley:

Most rental car places will also lend you the Texas version of an EZ-Pass for like $10 per week. Between 121 and the North Tollway it will come in handy a lot!