Unofficial Travel Thread

Score! Managed to find a nonstop flight out of Charlotte for less than 300 bucks. I’ll be arriving at DFW around noon Friday and leaving around 10 am on Sunday. That’s a relief.

Next step: Finding a ride to Plano…

Anybody considering coming from Montréal, Quebec.:confused:

My schedule just change and I’m considering my options but it would be nice to have someone to travel with and maybe split a room.:slight_smile:

Actually you can come from anywhere to split a room but no off-worlder please :wink:

FYI -Southwest does not fly into Dallas Fort Worth, just Love Field. Not sure how much farther away that is to the hotel and if it’s a go option.

Love Field is also easily accessible from the hotel. Google Maps is your friend, but the short version is that it’s a short ride down Mockingbird then up the tollway to the hotel from the airport.

Just be careful about the Wright Amendment as mentioned above. (I got stuck on a hell flight from Phoenix through El Paso where I had to exit security, retrieve my luggage, re-check in and check the luggage, and get to my new gate – all in 30 minutes. Doh!)

So who’s comin in Thursday? 'bout what time?

I’ll be there Thurs afternoon

Thursday morning about 10:00 a.m. to DFW airport.

I’m planning to come in on Thursday afternoon to DFW. I’ll post more when I finalizer my tickets.

I just bought my tickets! I’ll be there Thursday the 18th at Love Field :D:D:D:D

I just bought my tickets yesterday. For New Englanders who want to fly out of Logan, fares to DFW for the meetup weekend are wicked cheap right now so you might want to buy while the buying is good.

Oh and ATG, I’ll be coming in on Thursday afternoon too. As Desmond would say, “Seeya on the other side, brother!”

Booked my ticket. Shippin out to Texas (heeeeeeeeeyoo) on Thursday arivvin around 1:20

Booked my ticket. I arrive Thursday just before Noon!!

runs around in circles

I have plane tickets for the meet-up. Flying out of Newark to DFW on Thursday and flying home on Monday!!! Granted I will have an hour train ride to get to Newark, but there were no direct flights from Philly, and they were $30 more to fly from there with 1 stop. So the train it is. It is a trip I am getting used to - I seem to be flying more and more out of Newark.

Now just need to figure out if I am renting a car, or if I need to figure out how to get around town…

I’m in this same boat. I really don’t want to rent a car cause 21 and thus crappy rates =/

Have you sent me your travel info? I have been keeping a spreadsheet to pair people up - those that are renting cars, those who need rides. Those that need roomies, those that have space open.

I need your flight details (at least arrival time and airline) so I can see if someone is coming in about the same time and is renting a car or if we have someone who will be around to come and pick you up.

For the people who are arriving in Dallas on Thursday or leaving on Monday, does Aloft Plano have discounted rates for Thursday or Sunday night? Or are some of you staying a different hotels?

Sean already posted about this here: http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showpost.php?p=253862&postcount=20 Just ask for Nicole and she’ll help you get the rate for your whole stay.

Anyone traveling to Dallas stay Away from Northwest and Delta that goes to Love field. I recently was in Dallas and we got a good deal with Orbitz with NWA then Delta bought them and they were very very unorganized and it took over an hr just to check in when we were going home. So please stay away so you wont have the issues me and my wife had…

On a side Note Dallas is a Fun place to visit I checked out the Dallas Aquarium and a very cool place to go if you like animals Monkey’s jumping around over your Head…

Nike !!! :smiley:

Topgun! Can’t wait to see you. Please don’t be surprised when a woman you haven’t seen in a year walks up to you and demands a hug.