Unexpected BAMF of the year award

Well, as best as I can tell from my questing around the intertubes for knowledge, this year has 2 people unexpectedly become seen as total Bad A$$es-so how would they do against each other?

IN THIS CORNER - Rory Williams-Pond! Time Traveling Nurse! The man who waited! Husband of Amy Pond [spoiler]and father of another HBIC[/spoiler] Rory does indeed just walk into Mordor (or Cyber-fleets)

IN THE OTHER CORNER- Neville frakin’ Longbottom! Head of the (reformed) Dumbledor’s Army! (of course this selection really isn’t a surprise to the book readers, but movie-wise, he qualifies for this year) He who stood up to against Snape! [spoiler]killer of giant snake-horcuxes[/spoiler] Chuck Norris checks his closet for Neville before he goes to bed.

Since Rory is terribly insecure and dies nearly as much as Kenny from South Park I must go with Neville. Plus I think Neville has a much more believable character arc.

When I saw BAMF in the heading I was expecting this to have something to do with Nightcrawler… :smiley:

Neville.
Hands down.
'Nuff sed.

Jedi’s fear The Longbottom.

Agreed on the Kenny-ism. Never made that connection, but…“you bastards!”

Even from the books, I had a feeling Nevs was going to develop full-blown bad-ass-itude. You just can’t keep kicking at a guy who was this close to actually BEING the Chosen One before he’s going to lash back. Literally.

As for Rory, I’m sorry, I flatly REFUSE to warm up to the mensch. I mean, the arrival on the ship deck a la Darth Weenie (complete with cape) was cute, and the cool delivery of the line about “Would you like me to repeat the question?” was well played, but…I tire of the loyal lapdog routine.

Neville would put the lights out on our little robo-centurion, and probably not even notice a gape-mouthed Pond nearby. Poor, poor kid.

Love it!

Gotta go with Neville. Rowling said she’s done with Potter, I say good. His story’s been told. I wanna hear more about Neville after the battle for Hogwarts! I may have developed a slight man-crush on him during the last movie.