Tv addiction turned iphone app (trying not to be a shamless plug :))

ok backstory time…so i don’t really ever post on the forum but I religiously listen to the podcast since it was only about BSG I swear, but i finally finished a project that GWC sort of inspired. A few years back after listening to a podcast not sure which one it was but there was mention of how much it sucks that a show was getting cancelled. That got me thinking…i should make a website that tracks tv show’s but gives them a health meter so we know when they are in danger. Fast foward a year or 2 after college and regular work taking up most of my time I finally find the time to build this thing, now an iphone app.

So i wanted to post it up on the forum and see if anyone would be interested in playing around with it and letting me know what they thought. I was also trying to make this not a shameless plug post :confused: and hopefully the backstory helps.

Well The app is called Rnewde - here is the url to the site http://rnew.de and if you just want to goto itunes heres that link http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rnewde/id451916168?mt=8

i figured all the tv junkies on gwc would get a kick out of it and hopefully find it useful…oh yea and it’s free :slight_smile:

Thanks

Looks interesting. D/Ling now.

Awesome! any and all feedback is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I’ll give it a whirl!

I’ll check it out!

Heck yes, grabbing now!

sweet! thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Hrm. My first impression is “Why do you want my email?”

Hmm that’s a good point. it’s only so you can have a unique account to use on any device and then on the website… I hate spam and i promise no email will ever be sent, but i will update that first screen in the next version to be more clear about that.

Notes:

I didn’t understand what was happening when I clicked ‘Register’ and nothing happened except an error message of ‘invalid email/password’. If the two fields are blank when they hit Register, maybe a popup along the lines of “Sug, y’all had best fill out those two fields mkay?”

When adding shows, it would be neat if it queried on each character entered to populate a dropdown w/ options. “Deadli” should have a dropdown with ‘Deadliest catch’, ‘Deadliest Prey’, ‘Deadliest Soups’, etc.

If there’s only one match returned for a search (like when I typed ‘Futurama’) it would make sense if it skipped the show selection screen.

I don’t understand what the seasons mean in the show selection, what happens when I check something off?

BTW, looks sharp!

Thunderscreech -

Register Issue:
I’ve had other people describe the same issue with the register/login screen, i’m going to work on that screen and rework the layout to be more intuitive.

Autofill Show:
I am working on that, but i had trouble getting it just right for the first version so i left it out until i could make it work. Also good thought on the skip show selection screen, thats gonna be in the first update :slight_smile:

Seasons Rows:
If you tap the row it expands to display every episode of that season, so you can tap the tv symbol on an episode to mark as watched 1 at a time. Or you could tap the checkmark on the season title row and it’ll set the whole season as watched. This is so you can keep track of what episode youve seen.

also thanks for the notes :slight_smile: if you think of any feature you might want or think could be cool let me know

OK, good.

One thing I noticed immediately is that “Archer” is listed at 25%, when it’s already been renewed.

And fixed :slight_smile: …we are only a 4 man team(with day jobs ) working on this so some shows slip through the cracks, but i’ll update our DB for them as people let me know and as i find them. The actual percentages are automatic but not every network is perfect yet we are still tweaking our algorythms, still a work in progress especially for cable networks where health can get tricky.

Any hope for an Android version?

yep we are working on that and ipad as well :slight_smile:

Well, damn. Five stars for feedback, anyway.

we aim to please around here. If you come across any other data problems like that feel free to let me know and i’ll get it fixed.

Sadly my old iPod Touch doesn’t support your App since it needs iOS 4.0.
A few minutes ago I found This tweetby Jopinionated, an entertainment writer I know since I followed her blog during LOST. Looks like folks are finding and enjoying your app. :slight_smile:

We are working on backwards compatability to iOS 3.0. Hopefully will be done this week and submitted to apple by Sunday but thanks for the heads up on the tweet I read that blog too and it’s nice to see industry people enjoying the app :slight_smile:

What about us Android folks? :slight_smile:

Edit: and now that I’ve read the whole thread, I see this is a Yes. Sorry!