Trying to Catch Up

After years of people telling me to watch this show I’ve finally given in - am now towards the end of Season 2 and I am totally obsessed!! Trying to avoid spoilers but it’s really tough.

I know!! Ren and Stimpy can be…oh you meant…ohhhhhh

never mind :smiley:

(honestly - one day I will sit down and watch this thing)

OMf’nG im ashamed of both of you… no no no im just kiddin, get in when u can… then enjoy the hell out of the ride… its a VERY addict’n show… SO ENJOY

and plz STAY AWAY FROM spoilers

Be aware that if you’re just starting season 3 you’re about to hit a really rough patch. The first half to two-thirds of season 3… had some problems. (OK, a lot of problems.) So just hang in there and ride it out. (When you get the episode where Jack gets his tattoos you’ll know you’ve hit the bottom.)

The problem was that the producers knew where they wanted the show to go but couldn’t advance the plot because they didn’t know how long the show would run, so they went into a “holding pattern” where things just sort of floundered around for a while. They eventually went to ABC and negotiated a series ending date. Once they knew how many episodes they had left the show kicked into high gear and they’ve never slowed down since.

Thanks for the warning. I’m much react much better when prepared. :slight_smile:

word on what tanstaafl said.

but I will add this:

then it picks up and completely rocks. then, it just keeps on getting better and better.

i would also echo to avoid spoilers the best you can. the show is such a treat to watch unspoiled.

oh, and have some fun with a Hurley “dude” count. :wink:

Amen to the NO spoiler policy, beside the episode titles maybe, but the synopsis on the DVD cases are POISON and give everything away.
Trying to catch all of Sawyers nicknames are also fun. And after you’ve seen the episodes you can check the episode entries on Lostpedia to see all the Trivia. Like whom Sawyer nicknamed “The Boss, Bug-Eyed Bastard”.:smiley:

I wonder what you all will do after the last episode has aired. Start a rewatch right away, left it alone for some time or Never take a look at it again?

I’m guessing the “bug eyed bastard” is they guy who calls himself “Henry Gale” right now.

That’s correct. And wow, I’m impressed at how well you’ve been avoiding spoilers. When I did a big catch up of seasons 1-4, I goofed up big time by watching a promo that mentioned something related to season 4. You don’t want to read this missmuffet, but for those who are caught up:

[spoiler]
It was a promo showing who the Oceanic Six were. Though somehow I watched the entire S3 finale to the end without figuring out that the off-island scenes were flashforwards and not flashbacks.
[/spoiler]

Last night I watched the first four episodes of LOST. I am obsessed already. The one that totally 'sploded my brain last night was ‘Walkabout’. :eek: Today has been the longest day ever because I have been waiting to get back home to start watching again.

Characters I like so far:

Hurley
Charlie
The kid with the dog
Jack
Kate
The brother to the bitch
Preggers
Saeed

Love/hate:

Sawyer - Douchey yet still appealing
Locke - freaking me out a bit after ‘Walkabout’. Very ‘true believer’ vibe

Hate with a passion:

Screamy blond
The Korean guy

I can’t be sure - but I’m pretty sure you’ll change your mind about the Korean guy (Jin).

^ Yeah, but Screamy blond, er, Shannon is pretty much a waste of space until season 2. And I’m not just saying that out of jealousy. :wink:

The kid with the dog

You mean WAAAAAAALLLTTTT? Hehe.

Don’t worry; there are many, many more characters for you to love, to hate, to learn to love, to hate even more (coughKatecough). That’s the beauty of the show.