Transformers: Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

This is a post-watch thread for those who have seen it.

Spoilers ho!

Ol, now that the riffraff are gone, let’s chat. I enjoyed the ‘needs of the many’ callback from Nimoy. Also, was that a Sharkticon chowing down on stuff in one of the outdoor scenes in Chicago?

I liked the skybridge making an appearance, and legacy optimus face during battle was a nice touch, but there were some seriously bible-sized logic holes in the story.

The new female lead seemed pretty incompetent, sadly. It also felt like they were trying to stuff two films in, kinda like Spidey 3.

Better than Transformers 2, still.

I only watched it because my friends wanted to watch it. As usual, Michael Bay’s movie gives me a headache. So I spent most of the movie watching with only one eye, as my right eyes and right head suffers migraines.

The fact that almost all decepticons looked a like didn’t help. It was very confusing near the end when there were multiple of them fighting.

The most enjoyable things are the new people and the call backs for me. Alan Tudyk, woot woot! I am almost certain that whole Alan going ninja was a Firefly tribute. For that alone I can almost forgive the movie for giving me a headache. I’ll remember to forgive it when I can see straight with my right eye. There was Jeff of Jeffster from Chuck in there too, loved it. McDreamy was very mean. I kind of wished all his antique cars were Transformers. That would have been awesome.

The new female lead is… well she didn’t do much. At least the last girl was a mechanic and she kicked ass. This girl just stood there. She literally just stood there in one slow-mo pan, where I had no idea what she was staring at… Why do we need a female lead anyway? I think the only one who would have missed a female lead is Michael Bay.

That Cybertron teleportation reminded me of the finale of Smallville when apokolips came.

The plot is alright. Serious holes exists, including how did Alan Tudyk’s neck heal so fast. Most of it was told in the first 45 minutes. The rest was a lot of CGI and explosions. As Thunder said, better than Transformer 2.

Yeah, only time I liked Sam’s new bimbo was when she called Megatron Sentinel’s bitch.

I blinked at the wrong time so I didn’t see Jeff, but I heard him. And the trailer for Yvonne Strahovski’s movie (that she was only in for two bits and one was just her butt in a bikini, not that I’m complaining about that part :groucho: )

I usually sit through these movies twice, but I couldn’t hang this time. I sat too close during an Imax 3D showing.

I enjoyed it immensely though.

Prime’s Magnus line at the beginning was a nice touch.

I thought I saw Jeff.

I also have trouble telling them apart. I didn’t even know Sentinel’s vehicle mode until I saw him transform from it. I was wondering why that random truck was with the Autobots.

I was wondering why she was just standing there too. But, after she talked with Megatron, she must have been scheming a way to manipulate him.

Shockwave’s ability looked cool, but made little sense at the end. Why not completely collapse the building?

And, wow at them killing off Star Scream and Megatron.

Prime’s fight scenes were ultra-cool though.

Btw, Patrick Dempsey portrayed a DB very well. Almost like he had practice. d:

Anyone buy the Blu-ray? How are the extras?

There are none that’s why I didn’t buy it despite it being 15 or 20 bucks on Amazon. Wait till nearer to the end of the year for a good edition with 3d and what not.

I won’t get the 3d version, but I find it hard to believe the two disc version is lacking in extras.

The two disc is a bluray and a DVD copy of the film, a combo pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX79HsN64Uk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ah, that sucks…