Top 10 GWC Podcasts

Hey all,

We are planning on creating a “Top 10” GWC podcasts page for the blog and need your help. Submit as many as you want following this model:

Podcast number:
Podcast content: (e.g. Aliens, Matrix, BSG Ep 30)
Podcast direct link:
Your reason why: (As long or as short as you like)

The idea is, if you were to introduce someone to the podcast, which are the episodes that are represent the best of the best discussions?

The Crüe will review the submissions and choose the ones that are the best fit.

Thank you so much in advance. I am going off to review the podcasts between 90 and 95 as I know there is one in there that is awesome.

This list may change over time, so feel free to keep contributing. Our initial deadline is this Friday, but if you can make a solid argument in six months why X podcast is the best of the best it may be swapped in. If you also support someone else’s submission, feel free to say so!

Right off the Bat, the most current one is

Podcast number: 173
Podcast content: Harry Potter Part I

Podcast direct link:http://www.galacticawatercooler.com/2009/07/04/gwc-podcast-173-harry-potter-part-i/

Your reason why:

1. The new content really kicked the energy of the cast up a notch.
  2. It is VERY Representative of the way the THREE hosts work off of, and with each other to deliver a very entertaining show.
  3. Highlights the Crue’s ability to conduct good quality interview.
  4. I was able to introduce 3 new listeners to the podcast based on its content and two of which have continued to listen after Harry Potter, and one is now a lurker on the forums, but will join soon i am sure.

This is going to be a little difficult… for instance. I remember the interview with Michael Hogan was fantastic, but I don’t keep all the podcasts and will have to try to plow through the archive to find it, and don’t really have a feel for what month that was… Oh well we all have our cross’s to bear.:slight_smile:

Podcast Number 114 on Matrix Reloaded is my absolute favorite. I’ll relisten and get into specifics later, but this 'cast was thot-provoking, insightful and suggestive (as all GWC podcasts are) but in a fantastically focused and entertaining way. I don’t think I’m expressing myself well right now, but trust me, 114 is a classic. Two words: PVC dress.

My post in the Podcast 114 Thread.

The first podcast opens with ‘E.T. orgasm’. Sums up alot.

Anyway, I always enjoyed the “Very Jerry” 'cast #22. That’s the one that hooked me.

Seconded. And the Star Wars primer that went into the whole 'verse. I’ll track down the exact number and follow my own model, but that one sticks out for me besides the elusive early 90s cast I alway think back to.

You’re thinking of #106, I think. That’s the first of the Star Wars arc.

#157…Live after the BSG finale!

I would add it’s just a damn fun cast to listen to and survives mult. listens.

Also vote for the Alien3, for Listen to Ripley alone!!! :slight_smile:

hmmmm - tough one…I also like the ones eveyrone has listed here - also like the Trek arc ones - #163 - 165

I agree. Listening to all your experiences living in that time and of watching ANH for the first time made me much more sad that I hadn’t had the opportunity to live through that. At least one of the Star Wars arc shows has to be in GWC’s Top 10!

Very Jerry was excellent

The 30-something (?) with Audra’s “Here In CIC” song.

Guild II was (is, I’m not finished yet) great.

Too hard to do a top 10, but Audra learning to make the sheep noise from Sean at the end of a recent cast is in my top ten moments, as is the “You Should Have Listened to Ripley” song.

High-quality entertainment!