Tony Stark (Iron Man) v Samantha Carter (Stargate)

No holds barred. The man who builds his first reactor with a box of scrap in a cave versus the woman who blows up a star.

Do they have time to do any research on each other? Without the rest of SG-1 to cover for Sam while she modifies something, I don’t think she’ll be able to counter the armor without prep time (unless three shots from a Zat disintegrating hasn’t been retconned out of existence when this battle takes place )

It’s no holds barred. Which means either 1) That unlike the time SG-1 watches Star Wars, Samantha Carter actually takes the time out to watch Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Avengers, plus read any related written material available and/or B) That Samantha Carter knows the defense contractor Stark industries backwards and forwards.

Also, Tony Stark IS the only Avenger to actually do his homework.

And Captain America is the only Avenger to go down into the guts of a ship to see what’s not been put in writing.

However, Captain America is not listed in this poll. The poll is Samanatha Carter v Tony Stark and in a no holds barred contest they are both allowed (and they both have demonstrated their capacity to) do their homework.

~Shooter Out

If Sam can get the armor out of play, she wins, but I’m not sure how she’d be able to do that.

Is iron man drunk or sober?

There is any number of Goa’uld/Ancient piece of technology that could more than match a Tony Stark devised Iron Man suit. In a pinch I’m sure Carter could adapt Replicator technology to take Iron Man’s suit away from him. For all of Tony Stark’s intelligence he astill has a limited reference set of mostly earth-bound technological bases to draw from.

I’ll make it a fair fight Mr. UMD Bulldawg - sober. But realistically either is a high probability. Go Gophers!

What phase/version of Tony Stark? Healthy or Sick? Rich or Poor? Determined or Charlie Sheen?

Wow - lots of questions on Stark’s state of mind/mental compentency. I’ll say this is Tony at his best against Carter at her best. but if you wish to make an argument in favor of either over the long term I’ll consider it.

Ya, and I voted…Stark for the kill.

No matter how awesome Stark is… and he’s REALLY awesome, Carter would freeze him in a time dilation field or use any number of Ancient or Asgard technological wonders she’s learned over the years… beam him through the gate or accidently blow up the sun or planet near him…

Of course if it’s one v one, hand to hand combat… it’d end up like any episode when Kirk had to fight an alien woman…
I’d watch that. lol

We all know he’d fall for her. Brains, beauty, the ability to split a rope with a P90 at 100 yards…

So he’d be dead within 3 episodes.