This will blow your mind

So…I am being the good husband. The wife wants to watch Oprah with me and I say sure. The episode is going to have Rick Springfield, Henry Winkler and William Shatner…sounds actually pretty good!

So, Rick Springfield comes on. Talks about being a rockstar. Having songs like, “Jessie’s Girl” and how he did a lot of acting in the 70s. Shows like Bionic Woman…Incredible Hulk…General Hospital…

…Battlestar Galactica…

/record scratch

…wha? Battlestar? You are fraking kidding me!

So, off to IMDB…and lo and behold…there is Rick…in the Pilot episode…as Zac! Seriously! Zac Adama…who in the first 5 minutes went BOOM.

Anyway. For you kids, you will have no idea what I am talking about. For the rest of us old farts…you will now have “Jessie’s Girl” stuck in your head the rest of the day.

…which is pretty awesome.

daym!

…where can i find a girl like that…

That was the main reason my sisters would watch the original original movie-just to see him (and complain when he goes “boom!”)

oh, yeah–I remember it was a big deal he was in it. (I saw it in the theater.) Buys it in like the first, what, five minutes? okay, ten.

it did blow my mind. now I need a new one.

wow. I totally missed that and I saw Saga of a Star World a couple twice recently. But I love his music, and I had no idea he had already been that big in the 70s, I thought he was more of an 80s phenomenon. What do I know, the first record I owned was “Crazy for You” by the Hoff in like '89 or so…

ok that is some good random info to now :slight_smile: I have seen that pilot ep for the orginal BSG so many times and it never hit me…

“I wish that I had Jessie’s girl. I wish that I had Jessie’s girl. I want to find me a woman like that!”

Wow - serious flashbacks happening! :slight_smile:

For the younglings:

//youtu.be/adaYUM5wl7c

pocket squares & moot points–it was a different world

“I wish that I had Anders’ girl…”

“Human Touch” is also totally cool, plus the video has a nice scifi/fantasy feel to it:

//youtu.be/clfZbX18dbs

Edit: 2016 AD is not SO far away…

Another edit: Doesn’t his “uniform” look strikingly similar to the BSG blues? Look at the collar!

Anders needs to read The Taming of the Shrew.

yeah, 'cause we’ve seen how Kara deals with an oppressive domestic situation…

The first video is just a little creepy…just a little

Creepy? It was shot in the classic 80s style. Diffused lens with that effect that makes all light refract in a starburst…slick threads, member’s only jacket, feathered hair on men and women, awkward choreography…

…ok, I think I get the point. Having lived through it I really didn’t have a good perspective.

“She’s got the love monkey ridin’ on her back”??? Eww…

And that uniform practically IS Adama’s dress blues. Weird!

For a minute I got this guy confused with Robert Palmer. Hehe. Rick Springfield seems cooler than RP anyway - no zombie-fied chicks pretending to play instruments. He’s got the Love Monkey, Baby.

Don’t be hating on undead-Americans!

I don’t have a problem with the undead - just the ones that pretend to play instruments! Play it or don’t! You can’t fool us!

Hey, they have differently-abled motor skills! You’re just assigning “listless” as if it was an absolute value!

Racist.

:wink:

it is, isn’t it! even the small lining around the sleeves and the collar is there and the badges on the shoulders and the pips on the collar…

maybe rick springfield is the final fifth… and maybe when Galactica gets to Earth, it’ll be like the 80s and men will all grow long hair and sing classic rock songs…