This is plain creepy...

Introducing the first Cylon. In case you’ve forgotten the last 30 seconds of the series finale : -

//youtu.be/VLcmCjRZE2I

Just so you know, al-debaran is a constellation of stars named by Arabs for star-navigation.

Life here began out there…

we are so screwed.

That guy bumps into it without helping it up? No wonder robots learn to hate humans.

Good to know that it’s already able to lie. :eek:

… and that’s why you have to mind your p’s & q’s around a Centurion… :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really creepy…the just look funny walking all squatted down like that. And…

Red vs Blue! :smiley:

it’s funny how hard it is for us to walk like that…

yet every bipedal robots so far features that mechanism…

Yeah, humans actually walk differently. We essentially fall forward and catch ourselves with each step (that’s why toddlers have such trouble mastering it.) Bipedal robots tend to be more conservative about shifting their weight forward, resulting in that squatting shuffle.

if humans squatting shuffle like that, we’d have huge quads…

It scares me that I can no longer tell the difference between real robots and stop motion/cgi.

//youtu.be/-CVYOCMpJRY

To me, the commercial above looks similar to the AT-AT video in some ways. I’m officially old aren’t I? Or, is there still some hope for me and technology is just that good?

Speaking of creepy. I am probably late to the GWC dance on this, but how about the current TV ads from “our friends” at Intel? What if Walter and/or Jeffrey (or whatever their names are) get ticked off? Then where are we? Dead meat - that’s what I say.

moves the way someone would do Tai Chi. Great, Grand Ultimate Cylons…