The West Wing - S3 E4 - On the Day Before

The West Wing - S3 E4 - On the Day Before

As a State Department dinner nears, President Bartlet (Martin Sheen) boldly vetoes the “death tax” bill but his staff must hustle when they are surprised to learn that the House of Representatives have enough votes to immediately override the veto. Meanwhile, as some important Democratic congressmen are holding out for some compromising political favors that incense Bartlet and Leo (John Spencer), Josh (Bradley Whitford) tries to smooth-talk a promising governor (Kevin Tighe) who is considering running against Bartlet. On the fringes, C.J. (Allison Janney) singles out an overmatched entertainment reporter (Mary Mara) for retribution and Charlie (Dulé Hill) is strongly urged by his fellow White House teammates to ask for immunity in his upcoming testimony into the President’s non-disclosure of his illness.

Good morning! :smiley: pressing play

Woot! Were are go!

Yeah, I’d be nervous too… first bill to be vetoed

Ahhh I’m so hungry! I could go for the hot pumpkin soup with cheese gnocchi and a chèvre brioche. :slight_smile:

CJ looks great in the red dress, but you already know that :slight_smile:

This poor new guy. Dude, say your line and step aside lol

I’m so jealous. That dress is super flattering on her. And hello!diamonds. She looks awesome.

Oh, this is the ep where CJ later on smacks down a dimwitt reporter who calls CJ a clothes horse

You’re such a girl. I didn’t even notice the diamonds nor give them a thot

You know there’s a crisis when Ed and Larry show up. :eek:

Ha! I love Ed and Larry. Okay, right now Kim. Tell me if you know which one is which. :slight_smile:

Ummmmm Larry’s the more svelte of the pair? I’m totally guessing :smiley:

Com on! Svelte means nothing to me. (Forgive me) do you mean the more asian looking one?

Tennessee state sales taxes are crazy. No income tax, but they kill ya at the cash register.

I think Larry’s the skinny white guy but I seriously have no idea :stuck_out_tongue:

I looked it up. You are right! Ed is played by Peter James Smith who was born in Taiwain.

Yeah, in NH was have no sales tax and no state income taxes be we get killed in property taxes. But if you got a big house you may more so I suppose it’s fair

“It’s always a training exercise.”

CJ’s about to open a can of whoopass on Sherri Wexler hehehehe :smiley:

I love how protective everyone is of Charlie and the financial jeopardy he could be in because of legal fees. West Wing’s closing ranks.

I love when thre show is even handed showing douchebag Democrats sometimes and noble Republicans sometimes. Not all black and white