The West Wing - S3 E1 - Manchester Part I

The West Wing - S3 E1 - Manchester Part I

President Bartlet (Martin Sheen) wastes no time making his intentions clear (“Yeah. And I’m gonna win.”) as the third season begins. Not surprisingly, that’s the first question at the press conference that follows his MS disclosure. But everyone knows that his predicament will make the reelection campaign exceedingly difficult. Adding to Bartlet’s problems is Abbey’s reaction to his decision, not to mention Haiti’s obstreperous dictator, who’s giving National Security Advisor Nancy McNally (Anna Deavere Smith) fits. Meanwhile, the White House press corps is making life particularly miserable for C.J. (Allison Janney).

Ready set…Go!

Glad we picked up Season 3 here. The nice thing about Isaac & Ishmael is that we can watch it anytime.

“Yeah. And I’m gonna win.” :smiley: love it

The start of this campaign is so similar to the start of the first one, with Jed being uncomfortable with the new people.

Bartlett is a type A guy for good or for ill… Of course he’s gonna run again.

Oh yeah. Good point.

Btw, Bradley Whitford is so freaking awesome in Cabin In The Woods. I was the crazy lady grinning through a horror movie this weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Why isn’t he smiling?”
It’s Toby. Does he ever smile? :slight_smile:

Yup. DC to Manchester is about an hour flight. Maybe a little longer if your not Air Force One

He laughs …but smile? Nope.

Standing O in the Sit Room. Betcha they had one of those last year when Bin Laden went down.

Definitely.
I like how they jump in to a point where Bruno and his team have already been working with them for a couple weeks.

Not all of Manchester NH is that charming looking. Some of it.

We see Nancy’s loyal and respect for the Pres here.

Nancy McNally is a stone. She’s a rock.
But we need more Fitz.

You know about the Goffs? :wink:

Talking about Goffstown. Not far from me here.

Oh, CJ’s screw up. You can totally see and understand how it happened.

In real llfe I don’t think any President ever kept a press secretary for this long. They change 'em up a lot.

The press are sharks and they can smell CJ’s frustration and genuine hurt that the President, once again, left her out of the loop.

I noticed that too. It’s a brutal job.

Ha, I totally know what an E2 Hawkeye is now…I don’t back when I first watched this.