The West Wing - S2 E21 - 18th and Potomac

The West Wing - S2 E21 - 18th and Potomac

The staff prepares for the worst as they make arrangements for the public announcement of the President’s condition; Sam and Babish grill Abbey about her medical treatment of the President’s MS; a crisis erupts in Haiti; Josh deals with two Democratic senators who won’t support the administration’s suit against tobacco companies; Mrs. Landingham buys her first new car, with tragic consequences.

We are go!! Things are getting intense

I’ve got my hankies handy. Good morning!

Do you remember first seeing this episode the first time? Mrs Landingham’s death was so abrupt and shocking?

Good morning. Meeting in the basement. You wonder if they really do that in real life?

I remember being so shocked. There were so many possibilities for storylines with Mrs. Landingham. I felt cheated.

I don’t even think the actress wanted to leave the show. It was done totally for dramatic effect. I think

That’s an all day meeting down there. I don’t see how they’d keep that meeting secret, even if it IS in the basement.

So much intrigue here. Foreign leaders in the trunk of a car. It feels like a movie trope.

Hoynes isn’t in any of these string of episodes, I don’t think?

Charlie and Mrs. L going camping is a mental image I’m going to hold on to for the rest of this ep. :slight_smile:

Interesting that Mrs. Landingham doesn’t know about the MS either, Never thot about that before.

(By the way, I wish I had the tow package on my SUV).

I think as an audience member we should have been suspisious that Mrs. Landigham had so many scenes and lines. Something was up

LOL. I would totally watch that miniseries

I don’t remember him being in these last S2 episodes. You know who else we haven’t seen lately? Danny. :frowning:

Yes! Wow. BIG, HUGE news happening and where is Danny?

What would you tow with your tow package? Didn’t get one on my SUV either.

I never would’ve guessed that at such a critical time in the presidency, the writers would kill the presidents secretary, a woman he’s known most of his life. Even if I was a little suspicious, I would’ve just dismissed it. Two Cathedrals is so brilliant that I can forgive Sorkin. But only for awhile.

I love Bartlett and Dolores bickering like brother and sister.

He called her Delores. Crap. How did it get so dusty in here all of a sudden?

Well, weirdling it’s not cuz I want to tow anything. The more sensible kind of rear mounted bike require requries a trailor hihitch. I want a bike rack that enables me to carry at 3 bikes.

Ya know, I didn’t even think about that. As the kids get bigger, I can’t just toss their bikes in the back much longer.

I love how Leo cuts Sam off before his rant gets any steam. :slight_smile: