The West Wing - S2 E13 - Bartlet's third State of the Union

The West Wing - S2 E13 - Bartlet’s third State of the Union

You kicked off your reelection campaign and I’m sitting here eating a sandwich 'cause we had a deal.

It’s Bartlet’s third State of the Union address, and Abbey is furious when she realizes from the language that her husband has decided to run for re-election without consulting her. Though the President wants to talk about it, he’s busy with a disastrous situation in Colombia – five American DEA agents are taken hostage by drug-runners. Though Josh thinks he should be at the speech, he and Donna are with Joey Lucas’s pollsters when the electricity goes out, leaving Josh with nothing to do but obsess over the numbers locked inside the computer and wonder why Donna is pushing him towards Joey. CJ ends up on TV without pants when Capital Beat broadcasts live from the Northwest Lobby, and Sam informs an annoyed Toby that he’ll have to meet with a South Dakota Senator.

Let’s Roll. “Mr. Speaker, the President of the United States …”

Love this ep wheeeeeee!

I love the idea of the highest levels of people in the land rushing to get something written at the very last minute.

He balances the checkbook for relaxation. Nerd. :stuck_out_tongue:

“The very lovely very talented CJ Cregg…” Thanks pretty blantly sexist (not that she isn’t lovely)

I think your slight ahead of me. Can you tell me what scene your on? I’ll fast forward

Mickey just walked into the sit room

This is one of those serious situation room times

Pausing…

Got it. I’m there. Thanks.

Pas de probleme. :slight_smile:

No need to paude. I’m caught up to you. …it’s not like I haven’t seen this one a zillion times.

I love Ainsley’s honesty and naivette’. She’s brilliant, but still very goofy in many ways, I Love that.

Giddy Ainsley is so cute! And it’s amazing that she hasn’t met the president. But yeah, he’s not gonna schlep down to the Steampipe Trunk Distribution Venue.

“Are you under the impression that I’m going to have a fit of some kind?”

Uh, yeah!

Nobody except Leo knows about the MS, and even Leo doesn’t know that the Bartetts agreed on 1 term

People are wise to be afraid of Abby.

This thing with the officer is so heartbreaking. He did nothing wrong and he’s screwed by politics.

Can you imagine the life of the President? He gets done with an incredibly important speech, and then walks into his office and BOOM he’s got to deal with a serious life and death situation in South America.

Duh…there’s a technology called Uninteruptable Power Supplies so the computers that could keep the computers running.

I love that Ainsley is not embarrased at all to be dancing in her bathrobe in front of Sam, but she’s mortified with the President seeing her