The West Wing - S2 E12 - The Drop In

The West Wing - S2 E12 The Drop In

You and the President may think they deserved it, but the cynicism of attacking your friends for political protection offends them. And it offends me.

Leo plays Charlie Brown to the Pentagon’s Lucy, trying to persuade the President of the merits of an unsuccessful-to-date Nuclear Missile Defense shield. The President is delighted to learn that unconventional diplomat Lord John Marbury is the new British Ambassador to the United States; Leo, not so much. After accepting an award for women in communications, CJ must tell a comedian supporter of Bartlet to bow out of hosting a reception because of a controversial joke he made years earlier. When Sam acts without Toby’s approval to send the President to address environmentalists, Toby devises a way to get an admonishment into the speech without listening to Sam’s objections – Toby does it behind Sam’s back.

Bumpin this thread for 8:30

ready set …go!

Gooooooo!

Josh

We’re so used to seeing big important things happening in the Situation Room. Cool to see this missle intercept test that’s nnot Presidentially a priority.

It’s nice that it’s not an emergency, but damn…somebody’s gotta work on their math. Oh good grief.

The shouldn’t have said 2 minutes. It took a lot longer than that for Leo and the Pres to walk from the Oval down to the sit rroom.

Yeah, space is big. Aiming one object to hit another object is nearly an impossible thing.

CJ loves to say “Sir Christopher Nealingroche”. She says his name several times.

Sir John is soooooo dreamy. The accent alone is swoon-worthy.

This whole tension between good politics that lets you win vs. doing right thing that you beleive in…it must be constant struggle and cause all sorts of confusion and strife between White House staff

LOL. So it’s not just the WW ladies? It’s you too on team Sir John? He is a great character.

Just poor judgement on Toby’s part. It would have been one thing to leave Sam out of the loop, but to do an end run around Sam on something Sam is uber passionate about —that’s just nastly on Toby’s part.

I’m #TeamSirJohn 100%. My love for him is real, too. Much like CJ’s. But Davy Jones, not so much.

I totally understand Toby’s right to edit Sam, but his methods are self-serving. Which is so typical of Toby.

Seriously though, how do they NOT know what a lynx is?

Damn, I was such a huge Monkees fan when I was a kid.

I love how Bartlett says to Toby “I don’t want to tell you how to run your office”…it’s during a walk and talk and Bartlett hesitates just a moment and gives Toby a look. Barlett’s intuition is incredible. He knows Toby is making a mistake not telling Sam.

“Gerald?Gerald! How are you old friend?”

BWAAAAHAHAHAAAA! how can you NOT love that guy??!! And Margaret does indeed look buxom. :smiley:

It makes sense that the West Wing crew would like Sir John. They love talking in ironic humor mode and Brits are the best athat.

Toby thot he could get away with this deception on Sam because they know that Bartlett is perfectly capable of goiing off prompter. Sam that’s what Sam thot happened.