The West Wing - S2 E11 The Leadership Breakfast

The West Wing - S2 E11 - The Leadership Breakfast

Who cares? It’s a breakfast to trumpet a new spirit of bipartisanship cooperation and understanding in the new year, no one’s going to be listening to each other anyway.

While Josh and Sam accidentally set the building on fire, CJ and her staff obsess over the seating arrangements for a breakfast championing a new spirit of bipartisanship. CJ maintains that it doesn’t matter, since no one’s going to be listening to anyone anyway. Toby disagrees, and pushes top Republican aide – and former friend – Ann Stark to allow discussion of several controversial issues, ruining CJ’s bargaining power in the process. A chagrined Leo sends Josh to apologize to an influential columnist for insulting her shoes, and Sam lobbies for removing the press briefing room to the OEOB.

Bumping thread to start at 8:45 (two minutes from now)

We are go! Pushing play.

Playing…

Springlike weather lately, so I’ve been trying to having as many fires in the fireplace lately before weather actually gets hot.

Josh “You just wanted to say more words?”

Sam “Yeah”. Totally Sam’s character.

At least your fireplace is still equipped to…you know…hold fire. :slight_smile:

LOL. Last week I closed the fireplace flue the afternoon a day after I did a fire, and I didn’t know there were still hot coals hidden under the ash. Room got a little smokey, but not enough to set of the smoke alarm.

The sound went out on my video. Can we pause please?

Yup.Just say when you’re running again. I’ll get what up on twitter meanwhile.

Ok I fixed it. And by fixed it, I mean I tossed my computer from the roof and am now watching on my iPad. :smiley: Time check?

11 minutes in. CJ , Carol and others are in meeting with Ann Stark

I love Felicity Huffman. She is genius! I’m so glad that Desperate Housewives ends this year and she’ll be free to work on actual awesome shows. :slight_smile:

I agree. Like a lot of…men…I watched Desperate Housewives in the first season just for the hot women on the show. But it get boring very fast.

“I know her a little.”

IYKWIM :wink:

Leo and Toby have a bond over their broken marriages. It’s touching and heartbreaking.

Ann Stark is political and manevering, but I think she honestly enjoys the flirting/bantering with Toby

I understand why Toby wants a discussion on minimum wage and patients bill of rights. But it’s a frigging breakfast. A symbolic geature. This whole episode is about symbols and symbolic gestures. A handshake, a breakfast, a press conference location and a fireplace. None of them have nearly the importance and utility that the characters have given them.

And this Karen Kahill story is boring.

This episode does have a lot of flaws. I don’t think Toby would have made this mistake. He’s not that dumb.

Funny thing about West Wing, even episodes like this that have flaws, it’s still enjoyable cuz the banter, the drama and characters are all so great.

The breakfast was all for show, and Ann Stark and the Republicans used the opportunity to stage their own show. And it worked perfectly.

Agreed. The episode isn’t perfect, but it’s nice to see how these characters come back from getting beat by a noob.