The West Wing - S2 E09 - Galileo

The West Wing - S2 E09 - Galileo

Education’s a serious thing. Crime, jobs, national security. In 18 months, I’ve been to Oregon four times, and not a single person I’ve met there’s been stupid.

On the eve of an event celebrating its landing, NASA’s Mars probe loses touch with Earth. The President wonders whether to cancel the satellite address to thousands of schoolchildren as a result, but is convinced by CJ’s arguments. Though Bartlet declares that all music after 1860 sucks, he’s forced for political reasons to attend the Reykjavik opera – and drags CJ and Sam along with him. CJ’s particularly worried about running into some candidates she rejected for a position as her deputy, and Sam frets about running into Mallory, who’s dating a professional hockey player who falls down a lot. Josh is impressed with Donna’s enthusiasm for stamp detail and is converted to the cause when she memorably declares that philately’s fun.

All set? blergh

Yup. Ready when you are.

Playing…

I need coffee. Desperately.

People that think they’re writers but can’t write. Yup, I’m familar with the type.

Posers, eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

I love watch CJ try to rein the Pres in. He dances to the beat of his own drummer.

Sam=NOT a poser. :slight_smile:

Yup. They have this same coversation over and over. But it’s great every time.

I knew the names of Mars’ two moons. But …damn…they’ve discovered so many new moons since I was a kid.

I think this episode probably captures typical White House days… many not so important things to deal with combined with very serious things.

You notice that Bartlett now has pictures of all three girls on his desk?

I think there’s a big difference between these earlier Sorkin written and envisioned episodes compared to the later ones after he left. In a Sorkin episodes always many many things happening at once. Post Sorkin most episodes focused on one or two things. Am I right?

Sam is very amusing when he says too much of what’s on his mind.

You are. I think the postSorkin eps had C and D storylines that weren’t fully explored enough for us to care about. Which is sad for an hourlong show. But there are exceptions. The eps written by Debora Cahn are perfection. :slight_smile:

Debora Cahn? Interesting. I don’t pay attention to who the writers are. I’ll have to check on which ones she wrote. I’m guessing I’ll agree with you.

Tad is really a douche isn’t he?

The Supremes. Impact Winter. Drought Conditions. The Ticket. The Cold. There are a few others, but these are my favs. Especially The Cold :slight_smile: and Drought Conditions :frowning: .

Tad’s a twerp.

Oh wow! YES. Those are definily among my favorites. And The Supremes is waaay high on my list. In my top 10 I think.

Gotta admire Nadia. She’s a tough chick in a bad situation, but she’s still fighting for country. She’s got balls.

"There may be a story about how I’m good in bed. " :smiley: aw CJ