The West Wing S1E17--The White House Pro-Am

Abbey. That is all.

Oh. Zoey and Charlie too. :slight_smile:

Pressing play…

woot, ggreat Abby banter

There goes the news cycle.

How’s Bernanke’s health btw? :eek:

Hmmm… Never had a Fed Chair die in office,not in my lifetime

Bartlett’s a human dude. He needs to sort out whether his feelings about Erlichman are due to jealously or not

Drive-bys were NOT originated by inner-city gangs. Learn something new everyday.

Sam Seaborn is not like hardly any character Rob Lowe has played before, but it works for him

Have you seen Rob Lowe on Californication? He plays an actor, but he’s almost unrecognizable. And very pervy. :wink:

No, havent seen Californication. Sounds good tho.

CJ is a great character. Smart, but they’re not afraid to have her be “dumb” once in a while.
Dumb is the wrong word…just not as knowledgable side by side with geniussess

Not a token female is what I mean

Toby’s “I don’t like to lose” is driven by the fact that he lost every election he’s run pre-Bartlett

It’s a great way for the writers to add depth to these characters and to humanize them. These guys (and by guys, I mean everyone) are off the charts smart in a way that can be off-putting to NBC’s prime time audience. But by taking the time in the series to show that they all have weakness and even get bored when a Nobel Laureate goes on an economic rant, they all seem more “regular”. Folksy even. :slight_smile:

So many things have changed. And so many haven’t.

This scene with Charlie and Zoe is even more powerful cuz we know that the white supremascists ARE planning to shoot Charile and will try it at the end of this season, shooting Josh and the President in the process.

Well said. They all have weaknesses and quirks

Great Danny moment giving Charlie advice about Zoe

Excellent dating advice from Danny. Too bad that he’s not as good at applying good advice to his own personal life.

HA! Danny’s just as scared of Abbey as Jed is. Justifiably so. :smiley:

She scares me too (tho I love her)

“Heroin clears the complexion…” :eek: 2nd new thing I’ve learn today.