The West Wing S1E10-- In Excelsis Deo

The West Wing S1E10-- In Excelsis Deo

As Christmas Eve approaches, President Bartlet (Martin Sheen) eagerly sneaks out of the White House for some last-minute Christmas shopping, while a haunted Toby (Richard Schiff) learns more about a forgotten Korean War hero who died alone on the district’s cold streets wearing a coat that Toby once donated to charity. In other hushed corridors, Sam (Rob Lowe) and Josh (Bradley Whitford) ignore Leo’s (John Spencer) advice and consult Sam’s call girl friend (Lisa Edelstein) concerning her confidential clientele when one political rival hints at exposing Leo’s previous drug problem. C.J. (Allison Janney) wonders aloud about the President’s public response to a notorious hate crime while her personal resolve weakens as persistent reporter (Timothy Busfield) continues to ask her out.

Ready when you are, Kimmeh.

Have a box of kleenex handy

Playing now…

Oh yes. I’m ready. :’(

Toby’s technically right. But Sam speaks for the people.

“Flamingo is on her way.” Perfect SS codename for CJ.

I visited that Korean War memorial the time before last that I was in DC.
It is a haunting place.

Seems like this episode …as we see at the end…is where they move Josh and Donna’s friendship a step closer.

Those statues are such moving representation.

Of all the many many places we went with the kids on our DC vaca this summer, we didn’t really get down to the whole Lincoln memorial area. There’s construction on the reflecting pool at the time

The way Leo handles this whole Lillienfield situation really demonstrates his character.

I think there’s construction still going on now. Repairs from the great DC earthquake. :wink:

President talking to the kids. That’s how I talk to my kids…teasing after teasing after teasing.

And then he hears the bad news, and walks back in the room and keeps the happy face. That’s why he’s a great man.

“Coukd you stop looking at me with the face.”

“It was my regular face, Josh.”. I love those two.

Ack! I’m a little bit behind you. The kids just said Good Morning.

The little girl with the glasses reminds me of !Gwen. Lol

Ooops. I’ll pause for 2 min

You should tell Gwen’s dad that. He’d get a kick out it…he’s a WW fan

Bartlet showed more emotion with Charlie in that moment than Pres. Bush did on 9/11. I know this is fiction, but still…

Press play Thot! josh is in Sam’s office

Mrs. Landingham’s backstory. This breaks my heart.