The West Wing---from the beginning

Poor Rob Lowe. He thot this was gonna be a show about him.

LMAO!!! He thinks that about EVERY show he’s on.

Such a smart show. Not afraid to be fast and complicated.

“All the girls think you look hot in this shirt” Donna knows how to push Josh’s buttons better than anyone else

Sam. They’re 4th graders. bring it down a notch.

Great. Also, great behind the scenes of how all the assistants make everything work.

POTUS about to lay the smackdown on these idiots. best entrance ever

Toby showing his self destructive side right here in the beginning.

Also West Wing being bold—talking religious politics right in the first show

Great stuff. Martin Sheen was so good they HAD to change the format and have the President in every episode not just some of them.

REALLY?!!! I can’t even imagine this show with Sheen in every episode.

Notice that EVERY episode of West Wing is carefully constructed to that in the last five minutes you ALWAYS get a lump in your throat.

Yup. The idea was that the show would focus on the behind the scenes people in the West Wing. And Sheen would be in only every 4th episode

that wouldve eliminated so many of the most compelling storylines in the series. :frowning:

Mr. Thotingham! What’s next?

You know, we havent even talked about how we’re gonna do these fraks. Are we going back to our old routine of 2 eps every morning? I’m also fine with starting at 8 instead of 9 if that works better for you.

Yup. Well, I enjoyed fraking this with you Kimster. Just like old times.:smiley:

whenever you guys plan this…lemme know

I could probably do 1 every weekend morning. 8:30 would be about perfect. Two episodes would be too much.
And of course, I’m sure there will be mornings neither of us can do it.
Let’s aim for 8:30 am Monday with episode 2?

Unfortunately I can’t join you guys, but you’ve inspired me to watch West Wing (for the first time !). I just ordered the first discs from Netflix. It’s been on my list of shows to catch up on and finally watch. So here we go.

YAY! I’d love to hear your thots on the series. :slight_smile: