The Tick

The Tick live action sitcom would be a great arc. Only 9 ,30 minute, episodes with some of the best writing and ensemble cast, Barry Sonnenfeld directing. All 9 episodes are streaming on Netflix. Another Fox cast off that could have been great if given some love and a 2nd season.

Throw in some references to the comic that started it all, and the animated series and then go on an hour long rant about how Ben Edlund has a hand in almost everything we hold dear. He created and wrote the Tick, was a producer at Mutant Enemy working on Firefly and Angel, WROTE a couple of Firefly episodes (Jaynetown and Trash) as well as some Angel (smile time which explains that), Venture Bros and Titan A.E. (if you remember that). Did some voice acting for Venture Bros. and a whole bunch of stuff on Supernatural that I’d be more familiar with if I had the time to watch that series.

I’ve been an admirer of Edlund’s for some time now starting when I first collected the original run of the Tick comic book. What made Edlund stand out for me was that despite his having hit gold with the Tick, he persisted in finishing his studies and pursuing his love of cinema.

So obviously, the idea of a Tick arc would be nothing short of fantastic.

Man Eating Cow FTW.

I enthusiastically 2nd this suggestion!

“Evil Doers, you face…The Tick!”

Honk if you love JUSTICE!

When we were dating, my husband always used to say to me “Your hair is like a halo of mouse brown fire”.

Good times. :slight_smile:

“Spooooooonnn!!!”

Aside from “Spoooooon!”, my favorite Tick-ism is “I’m the Evil Midnight bomber what bombs at Midnight!!! Hahahahaha!!!”

I <3 the Tick. ‘snif’