The Secret World

Posting this since I just saw the latest trailer and can’t find an older thread on it?

Has anyone been looking at The Secret World? This is an MMO being produced by FunCom set in modern-day Earth, except one where all those X-Files type conspiracy theories are true.

Here’s the first teaser trailer from a couple of years ago

//youtu.be/DXFK_UDJUpQ

And another

//youtu.be/yDj7ojo0j4U

Today, they released this…

//youtu.be/OymMalX8VYM

If you want more info, here’s a trailer they released at GDC a couple of weeks ago.

//youtu.be/XMnJD7Dt1GY

I’m starting to look forward to this; I love the way they say they are going to run the characters and the world looks fun too.

What do y’all think?

I’ve been hearing and reading about it.

In fact, I read this today.

“The Secret World readying seven years of content, new trailer released”
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/04/07/the-secret-world-readying-seven-years-of-content-new-trailer-re/

“The Secret World - Everything is True Trailer”

//youtu.be/bRY2tRU_OAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRY2tRU_OAo&hd=1

I doubt I’ll play though.

I had never heard of it. It looks very interesting but I probably won’t play as I don’t like MMO’s. They don’t fit my play style (hours and hours of playing one week then nothing for weeks or months etc). I gather it is not out until the end of this year or perhaps next year.

I must say, MMO’s are getting more creative.

Just some more stuff.

There are three “Factions” in the game; the Templars, the Illuminati and the Dragon. Players join one of the three factions. Basically the factions are all fighting the coming darkness as well as each other (since each wants to be the ones running things when the fighting is over). The devs say that there will be long-running story arcs that the factions will be able to “win” and which faction wins an arc will affect the ongoing story. So, this won’t be a “static” world where you won’t keep fighting in the same battlegrounds over and over.

Some intros to the factions.

Templar

//youtu.be/R1vtHUyPHTM

Illuminati

//youtu.be/rGIDhAcN5yQ

Dragon

//youtu.be/KrVfI0amgjo

Another teaser trailer

//youtu.be/_clQ4-dDfwI

And a long trailer showing how characters start out and examples of combat.

//youtu.be/C9I0UwV5vec