The Saga of Seven Suns

I am almost finished with Kevin J. Anderson’s 7-part epic The Saga of Seven Suns. I am fascinated by this rather unique space opera with a cast of 20+ protagonists. It is the story of a galactic spiral arm with 5 different races and many factions within those races. When humanity uses ancient technology to create a new star, they accidentally commit genocide and start a war with a vastly superior race. This war will effect everything and everyone in spiral arm.

I first thought this was a little far-fetched, but I realized I liked and hated characters so much I had to find out what happens next. Has anyone else read this series?

Haven’t read it but you had me at “space opera”

I’ll check it out.

I’ve read the first 4 or 5, but couldn’t find the rest at the library. It’s OK, but I didn’t think it was worth buying.

I almost stopped reading the first book because it really wasn’t what I expected, but it got better.

I had the first novel on my shelf for years before I finally got around to reading it, loved it and then flew through the rest of the series and while I think at times it was a little long winded the ideas behind the story were entertaining.
It’s actually a pretty easy read, long yes as you would expect from seven books and could easily be compressed a little but a good bit of scifi.

The only reason I had the first novel “Hidden Empire” was that I liked Kevin’s X-Files work and bought it on a whim, then promptly forgot all about it:)