The sad souls who will not be at the meetup...

I had been hoping to go, but a sudden crush of emergencies have made it so I can’t.

I’m so incredibly bummed out about this.

I’ll be here in NC in class. (Our spring break is the week before–d’oh!) Looking forward to the pics and stories of those Alpacas in attendance. And remember, no queso por favor.

I don’t know why the fates hate me so much.

How can it be that my EMPLOYER is flying me from AUSTRALIA to SAN FRANCISCO on the 16th of frakking MARCH to take in some product training for 4 days?

OK…I know the chances of me going to a meetup are slim, but why…WHYYY??? tease me like that?? :mad::mad::mad:

Seriously if the training happened a week before or a week after the meetup it would have been perfect! But nooooooo, fate decided it would have some fun with little of 'gaf, didn’t it?

For cryin’ out loud Qantas even flies DIRECT to frakkin DFW now! Adelaide-Sydney-Dallas. Couldn’t be any easier. Sigh…

FRAK. No other word suits, really. Just…FRAK.

FRAKFRAKFRAKFRAKFRAKFRAKFRAK

FRAKKITYFRAKFRAK!!!

sigh. Rant button off.

gaf

Is there a time we are shooting for with the Skype thing?

I will not be able to go this year, again. Am very sad. Hope the crue will come up to NYC again this year and get a chance to hang with everyone up here.

Oh I think we just leave the line open all weekend! :smiley:

Hooray for Skype and TweetDeck.

Somebody hit me up with the Skype chatroom or however we set it up. I might even be willing to turn on the webcam for a meetup!

(No, not like that, get your mind out the gutter.)

Doh! well, i’ll be driving through your area again in July (twice) so we’ll have to meet up for lunch/dinner again then :smiley:

DOH! well… i’ll be in your area in May :stuck_out_tongue: so lunch meetup is in order

Well, shoot. No one here knows me, but I know so many of the names. Currently stationed in Germany. Won’t make it. BUMMER! sigh So many podcasts, so many meetups listened to. Do one again next year, and I’m there. We need some Ramstein GWCers.

/This is my sad face.

Trey

We’ve got a handful of Germans (or people in Germany) on the boards. You could do a mini-meetup.

I would absolutely love to. I’m in the Ramstein area. Heck, I’ll host it.

Trey

Unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts I will have to bow out this time, which saddens me to no end

Sigh
I also can’t go.

DOH! well… i’ll be in your area in May so lunch meetup is in order

Shiny! And this time you’re buying 'cause I’m a poor penniless student. :wink:

Has anyone been watching The Chicago Code? Every time they say Detective Wysocki’s name, I think of our own Reg. You got snarky, corruption-busting cousins up in the Windy City, Wysocki?

Alas, I can’t make the Meetup this time 'round either. Brand new job just made it impossible to take the time off. :mad: But many, many people I love are there together and as much as it SUCKS not being there I know I’ll be back next year. :smiley:

Have a blast at the Meetup Alpacas!!

Sadly due to my wife being so far along in her pregnancy, her doctor has ordered that I must now join this thread. /regret

Dude…bummer. :frowning: Sorry that you can’t make it this year. But I’m glad for you that you have the job…maybe next year you’ll be able to get time off…vacation time even…paid! :wink:

Spread the word…live cast tonight!

http://galacticwatercooler.com/2011/03/17/meetup-live-streaming/

Hang out, pretend you are in Texas with the coolest people in scifi!