The Plan - SPOILERS

is it jsut me… or was ellen drinking in a strip club?

oh yeah and… “… I’m talking about the fact that you’re walking around this fleet wearing THAT jacket”

• brother Cavil talking to a 4 about his cloths

Bribruce, I will add - SPOILERS to the thread title to give fair warning that this is a thread that will reveal plot points.

I will say this… this is not a “great peace of filmmaking”. Thre is no introduction, climax, and ending in a traditional storytelling sense. this thing stands alone less than webisodes from season 4.5.

it is a great unstructured collection of scenes created to fill the gaps in the show. I have never seen a movie that has so little story in my life ( American grafiti 2 had more)

That being said, I loved it! This was a movie for the fans that didn’t waste our time with showing us things that the non-fans needed to see. I do feel it was too liittle, too late!

At this point… i am so frakkin glad to have new BSg I like it. But… I wanted more!

Also… while watching, it was very hard to remember if establishing shots were new or from the series. ( that’s a good thing) they did a great job of “Forest Gump-ing” the show.

How have you guys already seen this?

There was very little “new” material in it. Besides the cylons and Adama i do not think any major character shot any new scenes at all.

Quick note in answer to that last question: The Plan was leaked this week. I’m guessing that whomever has seen it likely saw it via Torrent or sources like that. We don’t have a specific policy forbidding the discussion of these sources, but you’ll do all our volunteer moderators and crew happier by not posting specific links or instructions on how to go get it.

Thanks! (And back to your discussion…)

We saw it thanks to the wonderful world of bit torrent.

What. The majority of the movie was new material, there was bookends(Or just an intro or conclusion) that was part of the series a lot but the meat was new

Yes, we’d like to keep the pirates at bay.

dotorg

I need to geek out a moment. What about the new classes of battlestars we got to see. Those ships looked cool. Also… did you guys notice that the Base ships rotate and align the “stars” before entering the atmosphere?

It was some cool stuff!

You mean the Valkyries?

Also the basestars going atmo was sooooo cool

I dont think those were Valkyries. They looked wider.

Pretty sure they were but I guess I could be wrong

Edit: I take it back, i wasn’t wrong. They’re Valks

Yes it is a bunch of cut scenes. But we are talking about a very long show so that was a given. What I got a kick out of was who in the end was right. Karma’s a Bit3h.:smiley:

I enjoyed it, i especially enjoyed the fact that number 4 was more than the creepy doctor/token black guy and he’s kinda topped the list for most sympathetic cylon to me.

I had hoped that we would have seen when the final five first appeared to the cylons. Could have seen the development of the skin jobs. Like a young Cavil ruthlessly sabotaging the Daniel series. Oh well that might be another movie. OH PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE!!!:p:D

Watched and really like it! had alot of great moments, fantastic visual effects.

I felt as though the relied a bit too heavily on clips from the tv show, but if this is the last bsg, then reliving the series is a good way to go out.

And I was hoping for something a little bigger from the end.

But on the whole it was great. I hope that when EJO said if the plan sold 500,000 + copies they would make more movies, that he was telling the truth! go out there and by some dvd’s! and blu-ray’s!

It’s weird - on the one hand, it was great to see BSG all over again, but on the other I too would have preferred it if they didn’t show us as many clips from the show. That, and probably that they sort of overcompensated in explaining some previous vague things (so that everything pointed to the ending we all now know). I appreciated the effort, but … probably too much on the nose. Overall, a good effort, and any BSG fan would want to watch this.

But, yeah, the 4s finally get dialogue, and it was nice to see that at least that one be really sympathetic. Nice job, Rick Worthy! I wished they gave you more to do in the actual show.

Seeing the Chief back in the day pre-cylonified was heartbreaking, because it reminded me of how much I loved this character, which doesn’t help knowing what eventually happens to him. Same goes for this Sharon who goes bonkers.

For me though, this movie was completely justified simply by the discussion of 5’s jackets - burgundy or teal? :smiley: I was rolling on the floor.

ETA: Oh, yes, the basestars are seriously awesome.

All I have to say is where is that HOT knuckle-dragger before?

I really liked that number four with fleet. if not for the simons on caprica, i would have a hard time believing that fours didn’t side with the 6 and 8s.

by the way… who else thought this was an episode of Dollhouse?

That hot knuckle-dragger is the lady that won the lottery in the miniseries, who said her husband was from gemenon, her husband being Simon the Cylon.

They should have followed up what happened to the old glasses lady who also won the lottery.