The Official Beyond the Red Line News and Appreciation Thread

Some of you may have heard of or even seen the wonder that is Beyond the Red Line, but I feel it is time to remark on its excellence. As Battlestar fans we are truly lucky to have such a realistic, accurate, and fun game to go along with our show. As of now, only a demo has been released, but i believe that at some point after season 4.5 a full version will come out.

the official website where you can download the demo can be found here:
http://www.beyondtheredline.net/

be sure to check out the videos of the game on youtube, (although now i cant find the most recent one… im wondering what the hell happened. but the ones up there give you an idea of what the game feels like)

Although news regarding this game is unbelievably sparse, i’m sure we can all talk about our wonderful experiences and help spread the word about this game.

I never could complete the training exercise. Some of the controls didn’t work properly on a MacBook.

really? i’m on an imac and its worked fine. i dont use all those really fancy ones that exist, just the basics but ive never found any problems with controls. although if ive ever tried to use a joystick, ive found it way to inaccurate and jerky. maybe thats just cause i never calibrated it right

No, it was some of the basic ones that weren’t working properly. It may have been a buggy version. I’ll have to try it again.

i highly recommend it. it really has helped me a bit during these hiatuses.

As I’m sure everyone knows, I have a great suggestion for how to control this game. :slight_smile:

I really wanted to play this game a while back, but I couldn’t get it to install. It looks awesome though.

There is actually a second BSG viper sim in the works. Its called Diaspora, it uses the Freespace 2 engine and involves many of the Dev’s that split from Beyond the Red Line.

Official Website:http://www.diaspora-game.com/

wow that’s really interesting. and kinda sad in a way. idk. it seems apparent that there was some split among the btrl dev team, and it doesnt look like it was a clean break. now are there going to be two competing games? from what ive seen of the diaspora, it looks very similar to btrl, which is in a way more advanced stage than diaspora. although if diaspora can manage to get out lots of news and cool stuff than they’ll have me sticking around.

If I remember correctly diaspora is being built for the 3.6.10 engine. Flyable ships in the first release includes Viper MKVII, Viper MKII, Blackbird, Raider, Heavy Raider, Raptor(both armed and unarmed) and a ship called the Adder, a nimble training ship with a paper thin hull.

Here is a picture with all the flyable ships.

The game will be released an episodic format, this is a little background on the first release.

Diaspora has a few of the assets from BtRL, but most of the talent. It shouldn’t take them too long to catch back up. I have to say, Diaspora is looking very cool and where Karajorma goes I follow.

EDIT: http://www.moddb.com/games/diaspora is the ModDB link if you want to follow it. Should it have a seperate thread or what? I’m not sure how much you’re going to hear out of BtRL in the near future.

Diaspora trailer 3

//youtu.be/J8YjXIPwmW4