The GWC Cookbook

Through meetups large and small, forum and Twitter discussions, and other exchanges, it has become apparent that a large percentage of us in the geek galaxy are avid foodies. I personally have swapped recipes, preparation techniques, and kitchen tech recommendations with a dozen GWCers in the past year alone, and if you watch Twitter on any given day, the merest mention of what someone is eating or cooking for dinner sets off a deluge of comments, praises, requests for recipes (or samples to be shipped), and of course, the obligatory OMNOMNOMNOM commentary.

So why not make it official, and form our own community cookbook?

The goal is to gather 30-50 recipes, of all meal courses (including beverages and snacks), ethnic influences, dietary styles or constraints, and I and a team of my graphic-layout-gifted nerds will work on compiling and designing a printed, bound cookbook that we can have for our very own selves.

These don’t HAVE to be geek-realm influenced, but if you’ve got the end-all, be-all recipe for “Steamed Won-Taun-Tauns”, or “Doctor and Compote Spread”, or even “Vulcan Tuna Melt”, I encourage your creativity. =)

To contribute, prepare a text-only copy of your recipe with any supporting comments, and when you’re ready, PM me here, or DM on Twitter (@keirhansen) and I’ll give you an email address to send to. (If you already have my super-top-secret email contact, you privileged few, then rock on.)

Let me know if you’re comfortable having your name/handle shared along with the recipe, and I’ll respect everyone’s anonymity. Or I may just make up identities for you, Mister Sachs-Potatoes.

Since there is already a GWC Cookbook thread in Geek Hobbies, I’m merging this to it. :smiley: FYI - The Search function on vBulletin sucks.

Fair enough, though this is intended to be a published work, aside (though probably drawing a bit) from that thread. Just to be thorough. =)

Oh! Then it would be better in Hive Mind as an ongoing project. Mind if I move it there?

As long as it can be found (knowing the aforementioned vBulletin search shortcomings). I defer to Her Hammeriness!

I will move it to Hive Mind and stick it so that it will be at the top of the thread list. :smiley:

I just think it’s funny Gryper said she’s going to “move it and stick it”. :smiley:

I’ll totally be contributing to this book. I want a signed copy when it’s done!

-Trey

Keir,Does it make sense for people to post their recipes in this so people can self edit? (so you don’t get 5 similair receipes) and others can draw inspiration?

Solai, that would end up being essentially what the other thread holds. I can easily let someone know, “Hey, I have a recipe for cheesy bacon fingers already, thanks”, as they are gathered. We’re a creative sort, I have no doubt we can come up with some unique entries. Mmm. Bacon.

Sugar cream pie!

If you have the recipe to share, I’m listening! See the top of the thread for how to get involved.

Submissions are starting to arrive, with HUGE thanks – this is going to be great! Keep them coming, any dish you’re proud of (or that boosts geek/foodie cred) is welcome!

Here’s a link to the old one for reference. I’ll try to send a couple of recipes after work today.

http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?3101-Galactica-Watercooler-Cook-Book

I failed miserably to submit my recipes this weekend. I’ll try to get it done in the next couple of days.

How is this coming? I’m looking to maybe start cooking a bit more.

Ummmmm…oh yeah, cookbook. :slight_smile: I will try to get it finished up Labor Day weekend since I will be home alone in the quiet!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

No rush. Just noticed the thread and figured I’d check. Thanks for putting it together. :smiley: