The Expanse (Syfy 2015)

At Chap 21- Caliban’s War.
Gotta say I just love Avasarala. What a great character.

This is so damn good. :smiley:

As of Friday, “Hope we get to show Bobbie in power armor some day. :)” - So I guess the writer’s room has already decided against working her into the television adaptation earlier than her debut in the novels.

As of October, Gina Carano was mentioned as a dream casting choice. She’s too short and not Polynesian, but Holden and Amos being young isn’t canonical either. Off topic: Gina will be co-starring with Katee Sackhoff in an all female version of The Expendables. That project stalled for years but it looks like it is going forward now.

I don’t think Avasarala shows up until Caliban’s war so not sure why she is in the series and Bobbie isn’t? Probably a continuity choice?

Really. Too bad - Bobbi is such a great character.

“Bobbie ignored the macho posturing. Everyone dealt with pre-combat jitters in their own way. Bobbie preferred obsessive list making. But flexing and threats were good too.”
― James S.A. Corey, Caliban’s War

Torianna Lee would like everyone to know: “Zero-gravity sex scene… And guess who the #stuntdouble was…? :wink: #YoursTruly #StuntHard #TheExpanse

Whether its SWAM or USA stunt women assocations, let alone a card carrying SAG member, stunt people never ever claim another’s work, so you can bank that is her. This must be an impressive weightless scene - besides the nakedness - since Kristen “Ade” Hager wasn’t allowed to do her own wire work.

Just finished Caliban’s War.

Epilogue:
Behind him (Holden), a man cleared his throat…
Miller: “Hey. We gotta talk.”

What?? Miller? Holy crap!
All right!!

Before I move on to Book 3 Abaddon’s Gate,
I think I’ll read, the novellas,

The Churn
The Butcher of Anderson Station and
Gods of Risk

I’m really enjoying this series.

Behold the imminent future queen of Syfy. To prepare for her role, Mrs. Aghdashloo says she studied videos of Hillary Clinton, Madeleine Albright, Condoleezza Rice, Margaret Thatcher, Indira Gandhi, and Benazir Bhutto. Three stand ups from TCA: AfterBuzz TV, Mingle Media, and Black Hollywood Live seen here, which came prepared with the best questions. Nothing yet with the rest of the cast nor of The Expanse panel itself.

//youtu.be/Bw5Fut8pLx4

Let me know what you think of those. I stayed away due to some bad reviews I had read. I will take a GWC’ers recommendation over a random amazon person any day.

The Churn -
Novella -Amos’ backstory.
Good for the info. Same gritty storytelling, but not great.
Just good for fleshing Amos out a bit more.
I think it’s worth the read. It’s short.

The Butcher of Anderson Station
Short story - pretty short.
Good for Fred Johnson’s backstory.
Actually - sort of necessary to understand why he joined OPA.
Also worth the read, but nothing great. Just good for info.

Starting on Gods of Risk.

Gods of Risk

Novella - a quick read.

I found David, the main character very annoying.
No patience with the 16 yr old’s angst and dumb decisions.
Oh, getting old, I guess.

It was good to see Bobbie Draper (David’s aunt).

Worth the read?
Well, only for the last part where Bobbie snaps out of her haze
and acts like Sgt Draper again.
Yah, read it, if only for the ending

Reading Abaddon’s Gate.
Enjoying it.

Abaddon’s Gate

Melba Koh/Clarissa Mao is bat-shit crazy!

Oh ya, I would say the whole Mao clan is pretty priceless. I love when Avasarala takes Jules Pierre Mao down at the end of Caliban’s war.

“Binge watchin first 4 earlycut eps of #theexpanse Can I plant flag as first Expanse binger? Yall r def in for a great ride! @TheExpanseWiki - @liberalhamlet

and

Avasarala reads Avasarala

Avasarala has all the best lines. Outrageous !!
I love her character.
I laughed aloud so many times while reading Caliban’s War.

She does have a way with words. :smiley:

Ok, just finished Abaddon’s Gate.
I liked the ending. A few surprises for me.

More adventures ahead for the dauntless crew of the Rocinante.
Gotta love that.

Ready to begin Cibola Burn, but hesitating because I don’t want to finish the series.