The Cape 1x04 Dice

Monday, 24 January 2011
9 PM Eastern/Pacific

I’m here. On the phone.

I’m back. Feels like I missed stuff.

Solo frak then.

Why does he keep taking off his mask and hood in public!? Wth?

I have watched this already, I have to say it’s the best episode of the Cape, and simply great TV.

I wish they have shown this episode last week. It shows how dynamic the story can be with the characters that they’ve setup.

i guess he’s in pain so he had to. And maybe he is banking on the fact that everyone is dressed up so maybe no one would notice or care?

I think Chess figured it out though.

Chess only figured it out when the Cape was holding on to him so he could cut the break line. The Cape’s hood was off because of the wind, and even with the mask Chess figured out who he was.

In the first episode when Vince wasn’t wear a mask, just the hood, Chess wasn’t able to figure out who he was.

So I guess the moral of the story is the hood is more useful than the mask?

I thought that at first, but I rewound last night so I would be accurate when I raged. d:

He pulled the hood back himself. I it was a quick take, but he clearly did it himself, not the wind.

The rest is well conjecture for both of us. We’ll see.

It’s pretty obvious that Chess is Orwell’s father now though.

If that’s the case I really think the series is rushing some of the plots.

they didn’t need to reveal so much in episode 3. The Orwell plot is better just hinted the way they did in this episode, without previous reveals. Having revealed that Chess is looking for his daughter, it makes it a bit hard to believe Chess wouldn’t recognize Orwell as his daughter after hearing her voice, even if she is wearing a small mask.

Revealing the Cape’s identity so early to Chess feels rushing it too, even though it does make the story interesting.

the best part of this episode is Vince coming to confront Max. I really enjoyed how they set that dynamics up.

It could be that the creators have planned ahead in case the series is cancelled after 13 episodes. Would be smart if true.

But yeah, I can’t honestly disagree with you.

still, i don’t think they did a good job compares to shows like Chuck or Glee when they are afraid of being cancelled quickly.

still, this was a good episode. the story has a lot of promise. summer looks foine in her costume…

by the way, does anyone feel mom’s boss is fishy? i don’t have anything to base it on. if anything he looks like a true boy scout. i think they mgiht first have the mom go out with the boss first and make life more horrible for the Cape. But there are certain looks that makes me think this boss isn’t who he appears to be…

Yeah, something not right about him.

Catchphrases from The Cape That You’ll Be Repeating All Day
A runaway train full of costumed lunatics made for a weirdly entertaining episode of The Cape, but it’s also a great metaphor for the show itself. Here are all the catchphrases from last night’s episode that you’ll need to memorize.

Spoilers ahead!

I don’t see why guys from io9 keeps talking about how The Cape doesn’t want to be taken seriously. This is the second article I read on The Cape by io9, and they drum on this point again. Why? Because it’s like a comic book? Heck just by looking at the opening sequence I think the point is make pretty clear that they want this show to be like a comic book. But are the i09 guys implying that comics books don’t deserve to be taken as a serious form of story telling? That anything resembling comics is immediately not to be taken seriously?

By the sound of it the writer rather enjoyed this episode, calling it sturdily made, fast pace, has the story together. If so, why is it so hard for him to just write that straight out, instead of beginning with a “it’s like a comic, it can only be blah, so the fact it was well made this time is a surprise” bashing routine?

Sometimes I don’t get these people… io9 are supposed to be written by geeks for geeks right? Or is he living in a fantasy world that he is writing for some fancy theatre review so even if he enjoyed it he has to trash it first?